Dark Tales of the Old Town
Haunted Dubrovnik decided to offer another treat for our guests who crave to hear many dark stories of the old town. This walking tour takes you through the dark history of this city, so you can expect to hear many stories about the nightlife in old times, its dance macabre, ghostly apparitions, forbidden love affairs, old beliefs in supernatural, cats and evil spirits, prison escapes and tortures and many other stories and tales that will intrigue your imagination.
Learn about the infectious pestilence that visited Dubrovnik often in old times, hear the story of Dubrovnik's Romeo and Juliet, discover who were Dubrovnik's negromants, learn about noble families and some of their tragic destinies and explore old Pustijerna district which translates as the empty land.
Let's explore the narrow, dark, back streets lit by evening lanterns. Hopefully, you will be enchanted by the magic and glamour that Dubrovnik radiates in the night.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional, licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia
We will first explore some of the main attractions, but soon we'll go into the shadows of the small, back and narrow streets to talk about the dark past of Dubrovnik.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Franciscan Church and Monastery, 4 Poljana Paska Milicevica, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia
You'll hear stories from the past of the life of Little Friars of Dubrovnik and the ghosts of nuns from the former nunnery across the street before we slip away into the back streets of the old city.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Rector's Palace, Pred Dvorom 1, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia
After the exploration of the hidden nooks and crannies, we'll emerge again into the openness of Stradun and end our tour in front of the elegant home of rectors from the past.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Large Onofrio's Fountain, Poljana Paska Miličevića 2000, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Rector's Palace, Ul. Pred Dvorom 3, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Small groups, private or semi-private groups, no more than 8 people.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.