Darwin City Sights and Jumping Crocodile Cruise
Join a morning city sights tour for the perfect introduction to Darwin, with expert commentary by a local guide. See the lush Botanic Gardens and the Chinese Temple and tour the other historic sites of the city including the Darwin Aviation Museum. Explore the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, whose collections encompass Aboriginal art, visual arts, and Northern Territory history and natural sciences. After the tour you will be dropped off in the city for a 45-minute break and opportunity to have lunch.
In the afternoon head 60kms from Darwin to Adelaide River, home to over 1600 Crocodiles and the famous Jumping Crocodiles. Cruise the river and thrill as these awesome creatures launch themselves out of the water. The cruise will enable you to see these prehistoric creatures at close range. Afterwards continue to the Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre for view over the Marrakai Plains and then it’s on to Fogg Dam Nature Reserve to view a wetland ecosystem up close.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry to the Museum and Art Gallery of Northern Territory
- Entry to Darwin Aviation Museum
- Small group wetlands cruise on the Adelaide River
- Professional local guide
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB and air conditioning
- Hotel pickup and drop off from selected Darwin hotels
- Entry/Admission - Darwin Aviation Museum
- Entry/Admission - Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory
- Entry/Admission - Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St Mary Star of the Sea Catholic Cathedral, Smith Dt, Darwin, Northern Territory O820 Australia
Drive by St Mary's Star of the Sea Cathedral, the main place of Catholic worship in Darwin.
Pass By: Chinese Temple and Museum Chung Wah, 25 Woods St, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
Drive past this important city landmark.
Stop At: Charles Darwin National Park, Off of Tiger Brennan Drive 5.5 Kilometres from Darwin City, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
Quick photo stop at Charles Darwin National Park with exquisite views over Darwin.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Darwin Aviation Museum, 557 Stuart Highway, Darwin, Northern Territory 0821 Australia
Visit Darwin Aviation Museum and see a B-52 Bomber, on permanent loan from the United States Air Force, among the 19 aircraft on display. View some rare amateur footage of the first air-raid on Darwin and original footage from Japanese archives
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, 19 Conacher St Bullocky Point, Darwin, Northern Territory 0801 Australia
Explore the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory and see the largest permanent display of Aboriginal artwork in Australia
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens, Gardens Road, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
Stroll through the Darwin (George Brown) Botanic Gardens, one of the few in the world which has marine and estuarine plants naturally in its grounds. You’ll have the chance to see some unique exotic plants and also some local wildlife.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre, Beatrice Hill, 70 kilometres south of Darwin Arnhem Highway, Adelaide River, Northern Territory NT 0846 Australia
Enjoy superb views across the floodplains. Green season views can often be accompanied by spectacular lightning storms. Watch the interactive displays that offer an insight into the ecological processes that occur in the wetlands.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Adelaide River, Adelaide River, Top End, Northern Territory
Cruise on the Adelaide River, home to over 1,600 crocodiles. View these prehistoric creatures up-close as your wildlife guide entices them to leap out of the water for a taste of buffalo meat. Learn about crocodile biology, territorial habits and their value to the eco system and see an amazing array of native birdlife.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve, Arnhem Highway, Humpty Doo, Northern Territory Australia
Visit Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve, where the scenery is impressive year-round, and as the wetlands recede, the dam becomes a birdwatcher’s delight. Because of its monsoon and eucalypt forest, melaleuca woodland and open water, the area attracts a diverse range of reptiles, mammals and marsupials.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call the operator. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- During the booking process you will be required to choose your hotel pick-up details. If your hotel does not appear in the drop down list the supplier does not pick-up from your hotel and you will be required to contact the supplier to arrange a suitable alternative
- Guests that require a wheelchair are welcome on our tours providing they are accompanied by an able-bodied companion and do not require special assistance from the supplier to embark and disembark the vehicle. Wheelchairs will be stored under the vehicle whilst in transit.
- If travelling with an infant that requires a stroller, you must contact the supplier at least 72hrs prior to departure to ensure the can be accommodated.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.