Day Excursion to Bhangarh and Abhaneri from Jaipur
Visit the 16th century Bhangarh Fort. Located at the edge of the Sariska Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan, Bhangarh Fort is considered to be the most haunted place in India. You will be stunned by the grandeur and beauty of the ruins but there is no mistaking the eerie feeling that you get once you are there. Next visit the 9th century village of Abhaneri that is famous for its beautiful temple and stepwell.
• The haunted Bhangarh fort
• Harshat Mata Temple
• Largest step-well of India, Chand Baori
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Bhangarh Fort
- Entry/Admission - Chand Baori (Step well)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bhangarh Fort, Alwar 301001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and taken to Bhangarh Fort, which is a 2-hour drive from Jaipur. Several paranormal activities have been reported from this fort and as a result villages have sprung up far away from the periphery of the fort. The local folklore is rich with tales of this haunted fort. Entry to the fort is forbidden at night. Spend some time exploring the grounds of the fort. The arched doorways are an architectural delight. Climb up to the top of the fort for a great view of the surrounding environs.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chand Baori (Step well), Jaipur-Agra Road, Abhaneri 303313 India
After exploring Bhangarh Fort you will be taken to a local restaurant for lunch (own expense). After lunch drive to the ancient village of Abhaneri. The village was established in the 9th century A.D by King Raja Chand of the Gurjar kingdom. The initial name of Abhaneri was 'Abha Nagri' or the 'city of brightness' which led to its present name, 'Abhaneri'. Legend has it that Goddess Harshat Mata, in a joyous mood, spread brightness all over the village and hence, the name.
Visit the beautiful Harshat Mata temple. An architectural jewel, this temple was damaged during the invasion of Mahmud Ghazni.
Located in front of the Harshat Mata temple is Chand Baori, considered to be the deepest and the largest stepwell of India. It has 13 levels and a depth of 65 feet. The well has 3500 narrow steps built into the sides that lead down to the water.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to Jaipur and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Sanganeer Airport, Jaipur India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age for visiting Bhangarh Fort is 18 years.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.