Day Excursion to Feroz Shah Kotla - Delhi
Visit the 14th century Feroz Shah Kotla Fort that was built by the Sultan of Delhi, Feroz Shah Tughlaq. Walk through the ruins of the fort with your guide who will share with you the history and stories related to this heritage site. The fort contains an ancient mosque, Jami Masjid, that is used for offering prayers even today. It also has a circular stepwell that is still used to water the gardens in the fort.
• Ashokan pillar
• Circular stepwell
• Oldest surviving, active mosque in India
per adult from
3 to 4 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 2 bottles of water per person
- Entry/Admission - Feroz Shah Kotla
- Entry/Admission - Agrasen Ki Baoli - Leamigo
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Feroz Shah Kotla, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, New Delhi 110002 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to Feroz Shah Kotla that was situated in Firozabad, the capital of the Delhi Sultanate in the 14th century. Explore the ruins of this historical fort with your guide.
One of the surviving Ashokan pillars, that dates back to 273 B.C. is located on the grounds of the fort. Made of polished sandstone, the pillar has engravings in the ancient Brahmi script.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Friday Mosque (Jama Masjid), 6 km North of Connaught Pl. across from Lal Qila, New Delhi India
Next visit the largest and oldest surviving mosque in India - Jama Masjid, that is still in use today. This mosque is a stunning example of Tughlaq architecture. It is made of quartzite and limestone. It is said that the founder of the Timurid Empire once visited the mosque to offer his prayers and was so impressed by the structure that he recreated the mosque in Samarkand.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Agrasen Ki Baoli - Leamigo, Hailey Road, K.G. Marg Block G,22 Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, New Delhi 110001 India
Lastly, see the Baoli or stepwell which is another impressive structure within the premises with an underground canal system and concealed apartments that served as a summer retreat for the royals to take baths.
At the end of the tour you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Sleeveless tops and shorts are not permitted inside the mosque.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are advisable.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.