Day Excursion To Gangasagar From Kolkata
Gangasagar is an island situated just off the coast of the East Indian state of West Bengal, where the River Ganges meets the Bay of Bengal. The island offers miles of silvery sand beaches away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is also a pilgrimage site for Hindus who take a dip in the Ganges to cleanse their sins. To reach the island, you have to drive around 60 miles out of Kolkata to board a ferry to the island.
• River Ganges and the Bay of Bengal
• Gangasagar beach
• Temple of Kapil Muni
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle except to/from Kachuberia is in a non air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Ferry services
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Gangasagar
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gangasagar, Sagar Island 743606 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Kolkata for the 3-hour drive to the city of Kakdwip that is situated on the banks of the River Hooghly.
From Kakdwip a ferry boat will take you to Kachuberia on the island of Gangasagar. Vehicles are not permitted on the small ferry boat service. Upon reaching Kachuberia, another vehicle (non air-conditioned) will transport you to the beach-side of the island that faces the Bay of Bengal. The drive across the island takes around 40 minutes.
Spend the rest of the day relaxing on the beach. Enjoy lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
Take time out to visit the nearby temple of Kapil Muni before your return drive to Kachuberia. Board the ferry at Kachuberia for the return trip to Kakdwip and the onward drive to Kolkata. On reaching Kolkata you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Airport, Kolkata (Calcutta) India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.