Day Excursion To Kangra From Dharamshala
Kangra is a picturesque town in the North Indian state of Himachal Pradesh located at the foothills of the Dhauladhar mountain range. Situated at a height of 2,000 feet above sea level, it has three rivers flowing through it - River Majhi, River Bener and River Banganga. The town is also known as Dev Bhumi, which means the home of the Gods. On this day-excursion from Dharamshala, visit the important sites of Kangra - Masroor Rock Temple, Kangra Fort, Mata Brajeshwari Temple, and the neighborhood market.
• Masroor Rock Temples
• Kangra Fort
• Mata Brajeshwari Temple
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Kangra Fort
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Masroor Rock Cut Temple, Lanjkhas-Nagrota Surian Rd Masroor, Kangra 176026 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to the town of Kangra that is 15 miles away from Dharamshala. The drive to Kangra takes about an hour.
You will visit the 8th century Masroor Rock Temples. These are a series of richly carved rock temples that are located about 30 miles out of Kangra town. The temples were carved out of a monolithic rock and are the only rock temples to be found in North India. A large water pond is also located close to the temples. From the temple premises you get to see panoramic views of the snow-clad Dhauladhar mountains.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kangra Fort, Kangra India
Next visit Kangra Fort of the Katoch dynasty, who claim to be the oldest surviving dynasty of India. The fort stands on top of a steep hill and is built strategically at the confluence of the River Majhi and River Banganga. Although the fort is in ruins, it offers some splendid views of the surrounding countryside.
Then stop for lunch (own expense) at a nearby restaurant.
After lunch visit the Mata Brajeshwari Temple that was re-built in 1905 after a massive earthquake destroyed the original building. According to the Hindu epic, Mahabharata, the original temple was built by the Pandavas, who got a divine vision from the Goddess Durga asking them to build a temple for her. It is said that the temple contained tons of gold and silver in its coffers and was plundered several times by Muslim invaders.
After the visit to the temple, spend some time at the local market.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to Dharamshala and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Kangra Airport, National Highway 154, Gaggal, Himachal Pradesh 176209, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.