Day hike around Kathmandu to Nagi Ghompa Hidden Monastery
Escape the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu city for a day to hike one of the least visited Buddhist monastery located in Shivapuri area - "Nagi Ghompa". Walk through the forest with an excellent view of the Kathmandu valley floor with its Himalayan ranges. Get a chance for a close encounter with birds, local people and wild flora fauna inside Shivapuri National Park.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Thamel area by private vehicle
- Day Hike to Nagi Ghompa escorted by a local guide
- Park fees as applicable
- Entry/Admission - Nagi Gompa
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nagi Gompa, Kathmandu Nepal
Your guide will come and meet you in the lobby of your hotel around 9am. You'll be driven to Budanilakantha located on the Shivapuri foothills which is the holiest shrine for Hindu followers in Nepal. This Narayan (Lord Vishnu) Statue is believed to be 1000 years old.
You'll start your hike through the dense forest area inside Shivapuri national Park. This park is dotted with several waterfalls and typical village settlements. The Shivapuri area is famous for bird watching tours, sighting wildlife and seeing wild fauna in its natural habitat.
You'll reach Nagi Ghompa and spend some time there as you trek down to the Budanilakantha area. You'll visit a local temple there. You'll then drive back to Kathmandu and be dropped off at your hotel .
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park, North Side of Kathmandu Valley, Kathmandu Nepal
Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park is the ninth national park in Nepal and was established in 2002. It is located in the country's mid-hills on the northern fringe of the Kathmandu Valley and named after Shivapuri Peak of 2,732 m (8,963 ft) altitude.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotels located with-in Thamel Area
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.