Day Hike in Ouirgane National Park with bread-making and Lunch in a local house
Come and enjoy a day out with your family or friends; hiking in the Ouirgane National Park with a delicious homecooked lunch in a local house and see how the traditional Tannourt bread is made on a wood fired Kanoon. Travel from Marrakech passing through the market towns of Tahannout and Asni to reach the lakeside village of Ouirgane in the heart of its own National Park.
If you are staying in Marrakech you will be given a pick up location where your driver will meet you to drive to the start point where you will meet our local Guide and a mule to carry your gear and water for larger groups.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- English speaking tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable air-conditioned 4WD or minibus
- Bread making workshop
- Mint tea with Berber family
- Awesome hike (2 hours or more)
What's excluded :
- personal expenses
- Soft drinks
- Travel insurance
- The day starts with a 2 hour hike through traditional Berber adobe villages and gardens as we make our way up the valley; the rich red of the earth, scent of juniper and pine and the fertile gardens of crops, fruit and olive trees will surround you. Once we reach the village of Tassa Ouirgane, we will stop at a local house. Here you can watch Fatima as she makes a bread similar to Naan bread inside a clay oven. You can also see the mill that is used to grind the wheat and other grains. After this you will sit down to a home-cooked lunch in the house with mint tea to welcome you.
After lunch you will take the trail down to the village of Maghira where your transport will return you to Marrakech.
This trip is a big favourite with families as the hike is not too strenuous and not too long, the mule can also be ridden if someone is tired.
This particular excursion includes around one and a half hour of driving each way and 4 hours of hiking, it requires suitable footwear and clothing. Please also bring sufficient water, lip balm and sun protection; hat, sunglasses and cream as you prefer
Departure Point :Hôtel Ali, Rue Moulay Ismail, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.