Day Tour Alexandria
Duration :6/8 hours .
Guide: professional English speaking Egyptologist tour guide will be with during the tour to tell you all the information about the sites and answer all your question about the culture and the society .
Transportation: all transportation in A/C vehicle .
lunch: this tour include lunch in one of the local restaurants in Alexandria .
Drinks : 2 small bottles of water per person served during the day .
Sites: our tour guide will pick you up from you hotel or from any place you want then start your tour in a\c vehicle move to your first stop pompei pillar (Serapium Temple ) then move to the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa , liberary of Alexandria , the citadel of Quietbay which located at the same place of the ancient lighthouse of Alexandria and stop for lunch in one of the local restaurants .
per adult from
6 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Our tour guide will pick you up from you hotel or from any place you want then start your tour in a\c vehicle move to your first stop ;
pompei pillar( Serapium Temple ) :
one of the famous land marks of Alexandria ,which built during the time of the Roman Emperor Deocletian in side the main most ancient temple of the city from the greek time Serapium temple , which burnt and destroyed during the roman time , your tour include visiting the ruins of the ancient temple , getting inside the secret underground galleries which known as daughter library , visit the sanctuary of the Bull Apis and walk to the open air museum for the monuments discovered during the excavation of the temple . after finishing your tour you will move back to the car and drive to you next stop.
Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
It’s a Greco roman underground rock-cut tomb , inside it you can see the Egyptian culture and art , the Greco Roman culture and art mixed together at the same place , it discovered 1900 accidently and during the excavation the discovered another tomb behind the first one and call hall of Caracalla , visiting this tomb will help you to understand how was the relation between two different nationalities living together in one place and how they effect in the cultures of each other’s . “pictures not allowed inside the tomb”
Then move from the tomb to our next stop in Alexandria
Library of Alexandria
Alexandria modern library which built close to the original site of the ancient famous library ,the modern library complex contain the biggest reading hall in whole world , planetarium and the conference center , our tour include visiting the reading hall and the exhibitions of “Impression of Alexandria “,”World of Shady Abdelsalam” and “ElSadat Museum”
After that stop for lunch at one of the local restaurants of Alexandria
Citadel of Quietbay “pharos lighthouse”
this citadel built on the foundation of the old lighthouse of Alexandria which was one of the Seven wonders of the Ancient world , the citadel built 1477 to fortify the Egyptian cost against Ottoman Turkish attack , we will visit the citadel from inside , getting inside its secret passages and we will walk on the outer enclosure walls where you can take wonderful panoramic picture for the whole city of Alexandria .
Departure Point :From the hotel or any place you recommend
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A minimum of 8 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.