Day Tour from Padova: Veneto Villas, Medieval Towns and Grana Padano Production
Explore the Veneto countryside with this 6-hour tour from Padua. See beautiful Palladian villas, Medieval walls, and Roman roads. Learn about 'Grana Padano' cheese production with a visit to a cheese-making facility.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Internet wi-fi connection
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Get picked up at your hotel in Padua and head into the countryside. The first stop is Villa Contarini, located in the town of Piazzola sul Brenta. Villa Contarini and its beautiful surrounding area is one of the best examples of the Palladian villas in this region.
Continue to a 'caseificio' (cheese factory), where you will see the production and the different ageing stages of the 'Grana Padano,' one of the most famous Italian cheeses. You will have the opportunity to purchase some, if you wish.
The tour continues towards the town of Cittadella, whose city walls can be walked around, and here you can have an optional stop for lunch (own expense). After Cittadella, the tour continues to Graticolato Romano. There, you can see two more Palladian Villas before coming back to Padua along the Brenta River, where you will see a natural reserve.
Departure Point :Hotel pick-up in Padua.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Same as pick-up
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.