Day tour Lisbon and Sintra
This tour combines the best of Lisbon and its surroundings. You will visit Alfama, the historic district and stroll through the narrow and labyrinthine streets that contrast with the immensity of the Baixa squares.
Sintra is the next destination. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the capital of romanticism, just 16 miles from Lisbon, Sintra has housed the royal family’s summer palaces since the 14th century. You will have the opportunity to visit one this royal Palaces of Sintra, Pena palace, Sintra National palace, Monserrate, Quinta da Regaleira. If you have a sweet tooth you must taste the traditional pastries. Immediately afterwards we depart to the westernmost point of continental Europe, Cabo da Roca. Continuing along the coast, we will pass by the beautiful Guincho beach and reach the village of Cascais, known for its sea bay, where the fishermen boats are still seen today.The return trip will be made along the cost all the way to Belem in Lisbon.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- High comfort Mercedes Benz vehicles
- Certified professional driver-guide
- WiFi and bottled waters on board
- Accident and liability insurance
- All taxes included
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Clients meals and lodging
- Entry/Admission - National Palace of Queluz
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alfama, Lisbon Portugal
The oldest quarter of Lisbon dates back to the time of the Moors’ conquest of the city (8th to 12th centuries). The panoramic views from the famous “miradouros” of Santa Luzia and Senhora do Monte are a must stop on our tour, where you can contemplate the wonderful sights of the Tagus River and of the city o Lisbon. We will explore the narrow cobblestone alleys and streets where the facades of traditional houses are covered with beautiful tiles, an Arabian heritage in the Iberian Peninsula. Also, it is here that “Fado”, the Portuguese national song was born. Two other places of interest are, the Lisbon Cathedral (built in 1448) and the Church of St. Anthony, patron saint of lost causes and weddings, (built on the site where he was born).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores, Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores, Lisbon, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
In 1755, Lisbon was struck by the biggest earthquake ever recorded in Europe. At the time, the Marquis of Pombal, took on the mission to reconstruct the city center, completely destroyed by this catastrophe. And as such, the first modern European city was born: “Baixa Pombalina” with its urban and geometric architectural plan, it became the model used in the construction of other new cities, especially in the New World (for example Manhattan in New York, Chicago city center, etc.). Here we will visit the famous squares “Praça do Comércio” and “Rossio”, Rua Augusta (the most important pedestrian street in Portugal, with its famous Arch of Triumph.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parque Eduardo VII, Av. Sidonio Pais, Lisbon 1070-051 Portugal
On our way to “Parque Eduardo VII we will drive through “Avenida da Liberdade”, Lisbon’s Champs Elysees, one of the most beautiful avenues in the world. Besides the unique green vegetation it is also famous for its national and international brand name shops, a paradise for glamorous shopping sprees. We will pass by the most imposing monument in Lisbon, a tribute to one of Portugal’s greatest national heroes, Marquis de Pombal. As we arrive at the top of “Parque Eduardo VII”, we can admire the wonderful view of the city and of the splendorous Tagus River.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Palace of Queluz, Largo do Palacio, Queluz 2745-191 Portugal
A visit to the Palace of Queluz, known as the Versailles of Portugal. The palace consists of three styles of architecture, Renaissance, Baroque and Neo-Classic. There are splendid French gardens decorated with fountains designed by English artists, statues of Italian artists and a magnificent canal (lake/pool) decorated with 18th-century tiles. It was the official residence of several kings of Portugal.
(You have the option to visit one of the palaces in Sintra instead of Queluz: National Palace of Sintra, Pena Palace, "Quinta da Regaleira", Palace of Monserrate)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sintra, Sintra, Sintra Municipality, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
Sintra is without a doubt one of the most extraordinary places in Portugal. Its microclimate transforms this small town situated on the slopes of the mountain range “Serra de Sintra” and next to the Atlantic into a major attraction for visitors who go there to admire its famous castles and palaces or simply taste the traditional food, pastries and sweets. And let’s not forget the souvenir shops selling typical local items. We will stop in the historic center where you will have time to sample the famous “travesseiros” and “queijadas” at the Piriquita Pastry Shop and explore the narrow streets of the most romantic town in Portugal. Visit one of these palaces: National Palace of Sintra, National Palace of Pena, Quinta da Regaleira, Palace of Monserrate. (optional visit - admission fee)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Estrada Cabo da Roca, Colares 2705-001 Portugal
Cabo da Roca is the westernmost point in continental Europe. We will stop for photos at this unique place.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cascais, Cascais, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
This old Roman town of fishermen became a well-known beach resort in the 20th century. Cascais is a favorite among the people of Lisbon who come here to enjoy the sun and the sea, the bars and restaurants. The town is also known internationally for its big nautical events (America’s Cup, Red Bull, FlugTagg). Cascais attracts many tourists from all over the world, whether to visit or live. It is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in all of Europe. Free time to explore the streets of Cascais.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Belem, Belem, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
Belem is the district/quarter of Lisbon that is dedicated to the great Portuguese explorers of the 15th and 16th centuries. Portugal was the first globalizing nation in the world, with the arrival of its explorers to all continents. The Portuguese empire became one of the largest in the history of humanity. The majestic monuments that we find here are a reflection of the golden era in the history of Portugal: Monastery of Jerónimos, Belém Tower, and the Monument to the Discoveries with the statues of the great Portuguese sailors and explorers, Vasco da Gama, Henry the Navigator among 31 others. Finally, a must-visit to the famous “Pasteis de Belem”, Portugal´s most famous typical pastries. (entrance fees)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your assigned driver-guide will meet you at the location chosen by you (within the city of Lisbon)Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Premiere Tours complies with the new SAFETY standards in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health of Portugal, providing protective masks and hand sanitizing products to our guides and our valued customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.