Day Tour of Ometepe Island
Ometepe is the world’s largest volcanic island in a lake. Its twin volcanic peaks, rising up out of Lake Nicaragua, have captured the imagination of everyone from pre-colonial Aztec to Mark Twain to current travelers. In this day tour, explore this fabulous island and its highlights: visit a lagoon, a museum, enjoy a dip in a pool of natural waters and admire ancient petroglyphs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle from/to hotel in Ometepe Island
- Local bilingual guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ojo de Agua
- Entry/Admission - Museum El Ceibo
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Your tour will consist of visits to places like the Green Puddles lagoon, with its abundant and exuberant vegetation and bird life and El Ojo de Agua, a natural pool of clear water supplied by a river that originates from Conception Volcano.
The next spot on you tour will be “El Ceibo” museums, the best archaeological and numismatic museum of Nicaragua. Also, visit Finca El Porvenir and see several petroglyphs. These stones, found on the lower slopes of Madera’s volcano, still bear the ornate carvings of the first indigenous settlers of Nicaragua.
On the shores of Santo Domingo beach, you will then enjoy a typical Nicaraguan lunch.
Departure Point :Hotels in Ometepe Island
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Ometepe Island
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.