Day tour of Shala River from Tirana
A place this spectacular can’t stay a secret for long: Shala River has its springs from melting snow of the Albanian Alps. This explains the transparency of its waters that create a vivid palette of colors while running through wild mountains.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport provided by the company from Tirana to Vau I Dejes (and back)
- Local transport for bumpy road from Vau I Dejes to Komani Lake (and back)
- Local boat while visiting Komani Lake and Shala River
- Professional tour guide
- Port taxes
- Entry tickets for the ‘’will be visited’’ sites
- Hotel pick up in Tirana
- Hotel drop off in Tirana
- Tourist taxes
- Road taxes
- Entry/Admission - Komani Lake
- Entry/Admission - Shala River
What's excluded :
- Lunch, Drinks & Snacks
- Personal spending
- Everything that is not mentioned in the included
- * Tips are not a must in Albania or the Balkans
- however, our recommendation is to tip the tour guide/driver 5 - 6 Euros per day/person
- as an international practice to tip good service.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Choose Balkans - Albania Tour Operator, Rruga Reshit Çollaku, Tirana, Albania
A place this spectacular can’t stay a secret for long: Shala River has its springs from melting snow of the Albanian Alps. This explains the transparency of its waters that create a vivid palette of colors while running through wild mountains. Our journey towards Shala River begins early in the morning at 05:00 am our tour guide will come and pick you up at your hotel in Tirana.
Stop At: Vau i Dejes, Vau i Dejes, Shkoder, Shkoder County
As we take the turn from the main road to Vau i Dejës, the area becomes more rural with fewer cars but more wild nature and amazing landscapes. We will stop for a short break by Vau i Dejes Lake, a beautiful and tranquil setting, and experience local transport over a bumpy road but with an amazing view.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Komani Lake, Koman Albania
At 09:00 we get on a small local boat (this destination is only reachable by boat) that will take us through Komani Lake offering spectacular views of the Albanian Alps, waterfalls, rural villages and wild forests.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Shala River, Albania
We will make the turn to Shala River after 30 minutes. At around 12:30, we will arrive at our destination and you will have some free time. The ones that are interested can go explore the area. Shala river is one of the most adventurous and wildest places to hike. If you are brave enough, don’t forget to bring your swimming suits as some of us will dare to swim in this paradise so-called the Albanian Thailand. We will get back on the boat to Komani Dam at around 3:30 pm. From here we drive back to Tirana after an unforgettable experience. We will arrive in Tirana in the late afternoon.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Choose Balkans - Albania Tour Operator, Rruga Reshit Çollaku, Tirana, Albania
Traveler pickup is offered
The tour departs from Choose Balkans office at Rr. Reshit Çollaku. On request (at least 12 hoursbefore tour departure) we can pick you up at 5:00 am from your hotel in Tirana free of charge.Airports
- Rinas Airport, Tirana Albania
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please note that due to rapid changes of the pandemic worldwide, measures and governmental restrictions on travel safety might change.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.