Day tour to Belogradchik Rocks & Balkan Mountains from Sofia
On this day trip from Sofia, see the Belogradchik Rocks and sandstone formations spread across the Balkan Mountains. These red and yellow rock formations were nominated for the New 7 wonders of Nature in 2009. You’ll also have a chance to walk in the Veneca Cave, one of the biggest caves in Bulgaria. After that, you’ll explore the nearby Belogradchik Fortress. All entrance fees are included in the price and there will be time to stop for an optional lunch, which is not included.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fees for the mentioned places
- Tour guide during the whole day
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel and parking fees
- Entry/Admission - Venetsa Cave
- Entry/Admission - Belogradchik Fortress
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Venetsa Cave, Belogradchik 3945 Bulgaria
You will drive 2.5 to 3 hours from Sofia until you reach this area. The rocks are grouped in various formations and are made up of primarily sandstone. In 2009, they were nominated as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Many rocks have fantastic shapes and are associated with interesting legends. They are often named for people or objects they are thought to resemble, and on your tour, your guide might share some of these stories while pointing out the specific rocks and their names. The Belogradchik Rocks have also been declared a Natural Landmark by the Bulgarian government and are a major tourist attraction in the region.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Belogradchik Fortress, Ul. Dedo Bozhin 15, Belogradchik 3900 Bulgaria
At the top of a hill near to some of the rocks is also a medieval fortress, known as the Belogradchik Fortress, built when the region was part of the Roman Empire. You will have the opportunity to visit the fortress and behold its well-preserved and menacing facade.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Infant seats are available upon request, if advised at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.