Day Tour to Curonian Spit a Treasure on the Baltic Sea
Explore a treasure on the Baltic Sea on this 6-hour day tour to Curonian Spit. Visit Kursiu Nerija, one of greenest areas in the Lithuanian countryside. See the sites of this UNESCO World Heritage-listed area such as Juodkrante, Witch Mountain, Parnidzio Dune, and the Thomas Mann Memorial Museum. Learn all about amber at the Amber Gallery and Museum. Visit the biggest cities in Curonian Spit including Nida, Juodkrante, and Preila.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Traveling on a comfortable minibus / car with an AC
- Port or Hotel pickup and drop-off in Klaipeda
- Eco-fee to enter Curonian Spit
- Excursion - entertainment program (in the description)
- Professional English/German/Russian/Lithuanian speaking Guide
- The travel paperwork documentation
- Entry/Admission - Curonian Spit / Kursiu Nerija National Park
What's excluded :
- tour at paid attractions: tourists pay all in (*) selected objects
- Medical insurance
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages, and other expenses not mentioned
- Note! You will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Curonian Spit / Kursiu Nerija National Park, 98 Km Peninsula, Klaipeda - Lesnoye Visitor’s Centre - Smiltynes st., 11, Klaipeda 93100 Lithuania
Kursiu Nerija. It is a part of Neringa region and it belongs to the national park of Kursiu Nerija. It is the greenest areas in Lithuania - forests cover even 83% its territory. Neringa has the sunniest days in Lithuania. In 2000, Kursiu Nerija was included in the UNESCO World Heritage list as having a unique cultural landscape and exceptional value territory. Biggest cities are Nida, Juodkrante, and Preila.
The journey will start from Smiltyne - ferry sailed into one of the most beautiful Lithuanian places between two waters, tourists named it “the corner of the world”.
A short stop in Juodkrante. This is one of the most beautiful areas in it all year round. Nida is one of the oldest settlements of the Kursiu Nerija, known since 1429. Now tourists in Nida are fascinated by the tranquility, the unique nature and spectacular fishing lodges and stylish villas and their architecture.
Attend Witch Mountain which is on one of the most beautiful sand dunes located in Juodkrante. It’s an old wooden sculpture exhibition. Currently, there are about 80 oak sculptures which formed a huge impressive ensemble (witches, demons, dragons, and other fairy characters).
Nida. Nida village was known from the 1676. At that time, a current Nida area, which is considered an exclusive fishing museum under the sky is the oldest and best known of the Kursiu Nerija area, famous for the impressive Great Dune, where famous German writer Thomas Mann was spending his summers. Nida can admire for its stylish architecture of the lodges, their bright décor, carvings and ancient fishing boats. Nida had preserved the old cemetery with distinctive headstones.
Parnidzio dune. This semi-shifting dune is one of the most unique and popular Kursiu Nerija’s objects. Its height is 52 meters, although previously it was 17meters higher. There is also observation deck overlooking fabulous views on top of the dune.
Thomas Mann Memorial Museum*. The famous writer was fascinated by the lagoon and the fishing village beauty in 1930. He built a vacation home. Since 1995 summer house is a museum and cultural center where concerts, poetry meetings are held. Getting back to Klaipeda. Overnight at your hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Smiltynes Ferry, New Ferry, 91191, Nemuno g. 8, Klaipėda 93263, Lithuania
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick-up for free just from Klaipeda area.Ports
- Port of Klaipeda
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Thomas Mann memorial museum. Opening hours from 10:00 to 17:00 (18:00)
- During the Summer time take a swim or just a pleasant beach walk on the famous sandy beach of the Curonian Spit
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.