Day tour to Edfu, Kom Ombo and Aswan from Luxor
You will be driven from Luxor to Aswan, Visiting Edfu ,Kom Ombo Temples, Philae Temple, Unfinished Obelisk and the High Dam in Aswan.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Pick up services from your hotel & return.
- Private All Languages speaking Egyptologist guide.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Lunch meal will be served in a local restaurant.
- Bottled water during your trip.
- All taxes & service charge.
What's excluded :
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Edfu, Edfu, Nile River Valley
You will be met and assisted at your hotel in Luxor and transferred to Edfu. Followed by your Arrival in Edfu where you can visit the majestic Temple of Edfu that is dedicated to Horus which is considered by most to be the best-preserved cult temple in Egypt. According to the Egyptian myths, it was the place where the falcon-headed god Horus revenged for the murder of his father Osiris by killing Seth.
Then continue your day tour to Kom Ombo, where you will be able to witness the greatness of the Temple of Kom Ombo standing on higher ground overlooking The Nile. It differs from other temples because of its double entrances; each one is dedicated to a certain ancient Egyptian God: “Haroeris” with his falcon head and “Sobek” with his crocodile head. The Temple of Kom Ombo was built on the honor of two deities: the crocodile-headed Sobek, god of fertility and the creator of the world, and Haroeris or the ancient falcon-headed Horus. Also, Kom Ombo’s importance lies in its huge sugar-cane fields, as it is originally an agricultural town, producing mostly irrigated sugar cane and corn,
Then continue your day tour to Aswan to enjoy a day tour in the amazing city of Aswan, visiting the High Dam, an engineering miracle built in 1960 protecting Egypt from annual floods from the Nile. Then, proceed to visit the Unfinished Obelisk which shows the techniques used by the ancient Egyptians to cut obelisks. Most probably this obelisk belongs to Queen Hatshepsut, one of the rulers of the 18th Dynasty and the royal wife of king Tuthmosis II. This queen was the owner of her Temple in the Eastern Bank of Luxor. Also, there is an opinion which says that it belongs to Queen Nefertiti. Move on to visit the majestic Philae Temple which was built on the honour of Goddess Isis the, chief deity of the island.
Finally, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Luxor.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From Your Hotel in Luxor
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.