Day Tour to Egyptian Museum, Citadel and Khan Khalili Bazzar in Cairo with Lunch
Visit Cairo's most interesting and historical sights on a day tour to the Egyptian museum, Cairo Citadel and Khan Khalili Bazaar from Cairo or Giza hotel. Visit the Egyptian Museum, which holds Tutankhamun’s golden mask and explore its collection of more than 250,000 pieces of art and antiquities. Enjoy visiting the largest citadel in the world and step inside the beautiful Alabaster Mosque of Mohamed Ali built inside the castle in the 19th century. Take special photos from the Citadel panorama. Touch the real Egyptian life and enjoy the atmosphere at Khan Al Khalili Bazaars. With door-to-door transport by an air-conditioned car and lunch at a local restaurant included but beverages are not included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup service from your Hotel by a private A/C. vehicle and return.
- Professional English speaking Egyptology tour guide.
- Lunch at a good quality restaurant.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sightseeing.
- Tipping to the guide and driver.
- Water or beverages during the lunchtime at the restaurant.
- Entry/Admission - The Museum of Egyptian Antiquities
- Entry/Admission - Cairo Citadel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, Midan El Tahrir Geographical Society Building, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Our Egyptology guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo or Giza on time. We will start by visiting the Egyptian Museum of antiquities. It displays the largest and most precious items of the Egyptian art in the world. It exhibits a rare collection of over 250,000 genuine artifacts that date as far back as 5000 years, including an exclusive exhibit dedicated to the TutankhAmon – A collection of treasures, gold, and jewelry that were buried in his tomb for over 3,500 years before they were discovered in the 1920s when his tomb was excavated. You can enter mummies room (extra ticket).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cairo Citadel, Al Abageyah Shar'a Salih Salem, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Continue towards the Citadel of Salah El Din, built on famous hill Al Moqattam in Cairo, that was constructed for military purposes, for protecting Cairo from incoming threats. Since then, it became a residence of the king of Egypt for many centuries. On this tour, you will visit the beautiful Mohamed Ali known as Alabaster Mosque. Political event called "Massacre of the Citadel" happened in the Citadel in 1811, where Mohamed Ali, the ruler of Egypt (1805-1849) murdered Mameluke leaders in Qaser El Gawhara palace, and it's not currently opened for visits.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Khan Al-Khalili, Cairo Egypt
Shifting gears, our Cairo city tour heads back to the streets and towards a famous local bazaar, Khan el-Khalili. A labyrinth of narrow streets and passageways, Khan el-Khalili is one of the world’s largest bazaars, and offers a truly authentic local Cairo experience. Among the world’s oldest bazaars, dating back to 1382, Khan el-Khalili offers an experience unique to the old streets of Islamic Cairo, and affords the opportunity to engage with locals, as locals do, hunting for bargains and relaxing with a coffee as the hustle of the bazaar passes you by. The numerous shops in this district are known for trading fine brass ware, copper, perfumes, leather, silver, gold, antiques and much more
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Cairo, Cairo, Cairo Governorate
At the end, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Cairo or Giza.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in Cairo or Giza
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.