Day Tour to Garni pagan Temple and Geghard Monastery
Visit top places of Armenia
“Noah's Garden” Gallery presents Armenia with its entire palette.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to Garni
- Stop At: Charent's Arch, Garni Armenia We start our trip from Garni Temple, but before that we stop at the Charents Arch. At first glance, the Arch seems to be the most ordinary and unremarkable, but coming closer, going to the platform inside the arch and looking at the panorama, everything becomes clear - this is the best place to admire the great and sacred mountain Ararat, to be with it in unity and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Stop At: Garni Temple, Garni Armenia Then you go to Kotayk region to get acquainted with the origins of Armenians, where you will see the Garni Temple, built in the 1st century AD by King Trdat III. This is the only pagan temple preserved in Armenia after the adoption of Christianity! It is assumed that the temple was dedicated to Mithra, the God of the Sun. And nearby you will find the ruins of the palace and the baths, which previously decorated the entire historical and cultural complex! Garni Temple is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
Stop At: Gegard Monastery, Gorge of the River Gokht, Goght Armenia Then you are heading to one of the most amazing places in Armenia - Geghard Monastery! Geghard Monastery is one of the greatest medieval architectural structures in Armenia. Gegard is completely hollowed out in a cave, it is also called a “cave monastery”. This monastery was founded in the 4th century AD. in the place of the sacred source originating in the cave. The name of the monastery complex Gegard (spear) is derived from Langin's spear, which pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the cross. At the moment, this spear is kept in the Echmiadzin Museum. The monastery complex Gegard is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Departure Point :
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Yerevan, Armenia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.