Day tour to Islamic and christian Cairo
Cairo Full day tour 8 hours starts every day from 8:00 am to 16:00 pm Private tour includes all pick up & drop off from customer location in Cairo, Entry Fees, Expert Tour guide, Lunch at Local restaurant, All Taxes Services, Snacks Bag includes (Bottle of Water, Can of Pepsi, Chips & Cake) and All Transfers by Private A/C Vehicles Newest Model, Tour Excludes personal items and Tipping.
there is possibility of entering any of the Coptic Museum or the Islamic Museum or Felucca boat ride sailing on the Nile But this can be added in the middle of the booking process because it requires additional fees
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry Fees
- Expert Tour guide
- Lunch at Local restaurant
- All Transfers by Private A/C Latest Model Vehicles
- Water & snacks
- Entry/Admission - Islamic Cairo
- Entry/Admission - Coptic Cairo
- Entry/Admission - Mosque of Amr Ibn El-Aas
What's excluded :
- Personal Items
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Islamic Cairo, Midan Silah ad-Din, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Islamic Cairo (Arabic: قاهرة المعز, meaning: Al-Mu'izz's Cairo), also called Historic Cairo or Medieval Cairo, refers generically to the historic areas of Cairo, Egypt, that existed before the city's modern expansion during the 19th and 20th centuries; particularly the central parts around the old walled city and around the Citadel of Cairo. The name "Islamic" Cairo refers not to a greater prominence of Muslims in the area but rather to the city's rich history and heritage since its foundation in the early period of Islam, while distinguishing it from with the nearby Ancient Egyptian sites of Giza and Memphis. This area holds one of the largest and densest concentrations of historic architecture in the Islamic world.:7 It is characterized by hundreds of mosques, tombs, madrasas, mansions, caravanserais, and fortifications dating from throughout the Islamic era of Egypt. In 1979, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) proclaimed Historic Cairo a World Cultural Heritage site, as "one of the world's oldest Islamic cities, with its famous mosques, madrasas, hammams and fountains" and "the new centre of the Islamic world, reaching its golden age in the 14th century.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Coptic Cairo, Cairo Egypt
Coptic Cairo is a part of Old Cairo which encompasses the Babylon Fortress, the Coptic Museum, the Hanging Church, the Greek Church of St. George and many other Coptic churches and historical sites. It is believed in Christian tradition that the Holy Family visited this area and stayed at the site of Saints Sergius and Bacchus Church (Abu Serga). Coptic Cairo was a stronghold for Christianity in Egypt until the Islamic era, though most of the current buildings of the churches in Coptic Cairo were built after the Muslim conquest of Egypt in the 7th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mosque of Amr Ibn El-Aas, Cairo Egypt
The Mosque of Amr ibn al-As (Arabic: جامع عمرو بن العاص), also called the Mosque of Amr, was originally built in 641–642 AD, as the center of the newly founded capital of Egypt, Fustat. The original structure was the first mosque ever built in Egypt and the whole of Africa. Through the twentieth century, it was the fourth largest mosque in the Islamic world.
The location for the mosque was the site of the tent of the commander of the Muslim army, general Amr ibn al-As. One corner of the mosque contains the tomb of his son, 'Abd Allah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'As. Due to extensive reconstruction over the centuries nothing of the original building remains, but the rebuilt Mosque is a prominent landmark and can be seen in what today is known as Old Cairo. It is an active mosque with a devout congregation, and when prayers are not taking place, it is also open to visitors and tourists.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
As per requested time our tour guide will be waiting in the lobby of your hotel and he will be holding a sign showing your name on it
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.