Day tour to Kiambethu tea farm in Limuru from Nairobi
Just a short drive from the heart of Nairobi, this 6 hour private tour takes you to Kiambethu Farm at Limuru, which provides a tranquil insight into life on a settler farm. Situated at 7,200 ft, Kiambethu was bought and farmed by AB McDonell in 1910. He was the first person to grow, make and sell tea commercially in Kenya - now one of Kenya’s biggest exports, which now you will have a chance to taste. Five generations have lived on the farm and it is currently run by his granddaughter Fiona Vernon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- entrance fee
- transport amenities
- professional guide /driver
- lunch(3 course buffet)
- Entry/Admission - Kiambethu Farm
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kiambethu Farm, Girls School Rd Tigoni, Limuru 00217 Kenya
Pickup at your hotel or residence within Nairobi CBD at 9:45am and start the drive to Limuru arriving at 11am and over a cup of tea or coffee the history of the farm and process of making tea is informally explained, followed by an opportunity to see tea in the field.
Then take a walk in the indigenous forest with our resident Kenyan guide who will identify the plants and explain how they are traditionally used. Look out for the Colobus monkeys and wander in the gardens which are home to a wide variety of birds and flowers.
Return to the house to enjoy a pre-lunch drink on the verandah with sweeping views across the tea fields to the Ngong Hills. Enjoy your three course buffet lunch from our set menu prepared with vegetables from the garden and desserts are topped with cream from our herd of Channel Island cows.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup available at airbnbs, private apartments and at the airport Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.