Day Tour to Nis, Serbia
If you want to understand better the Balkans with all its complexity, rich history and colorful mixture of different cultures and habits, we recommend you to visit Nis with us. During this day tour you will travel through history with the professional lead of your guide. Our journey through time will start from the Roman period, when Nis gave to the world one great man – The Roman Emperor Constantine the Great. Then we will continue through the Middle Ages and the period of Ottoman rule which left constructions like the Nis Fortress and the Skull Tower – a symbol of the struggle for freedom and independence from the Ottomans. In the end we will pay attention to the Modern history and the period of Nazi occupation of former Yugoslavia, visiting the Nazi Concentration Camp. Of course after all the impressions that you get, it will be time for some rest. You will have the chance to taste the famous Serbian cuisine - one of the most delicious on the Balkans.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by modern vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Skull Tower
- Entry/Admission - Red Cross Nazi Concentration Camp
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mediana, Nis 18000 Serbia
Your guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Sofia at 08:30 am. After approximately 2 hours of drive, we will reach our first sight – Medijana archaeological park, which is a Roman Imperial residence, nowadays closed due to renovation.
Stop At: Skull Tower, Bulevar Dr Zorana Dindica, Nis Serbia
Our next stop will be the Skull Tower, known also as Cale kula. The tower is now a museum dedicated to the Bulgarians and the Serbs who took part in the revolt against the Ottoman Empire. It was built from the Turks and constructed with the skulls of the killed rebellions. The idea of this act was to warn others what will happen if they revolt again.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Red Cross Nazi Concentration Camp, Bul 12 Februari after the corssing with Alexandra Medvedeva str., Nis Serbia
Nazi Concentration Camp – built in 1941 and it is famous for the successful escape of the prisoners in early 1942. The camp is perfectly preserved and was never damaged.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nis Fortress, Nis Serbia
After that, we will continue to the old town where we will visit the Nis Fortress. There we will see ruins from the ancient Nisus and later Ottoman period. We will have a walk and after that enjoy the traditional local food.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our clients from any point in Sofia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring your passport with you and check if you need a visa due to border crossing
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Durnig the Summer months heavy traffic on the border is expected
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID 19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. All our guides and drivers go through regular medical checks, wear masks during the tours and in each vehicle, we have a disinfectant spray. Furthermore due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.