Day Tour to Sighisoara from Sibiu
Visit the former bishopric of Biertan with its fortified church. Then explore the only inhabited citadel in southeast Europe in the medieval town of Sighişoara. Discover the birthplace of "Dracula." Climb the Covered Staircase to the Church on the Hill.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
What's included :
- Transfer by air-conditioned car or van from/to Sibiu
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Map of Romania
- Stop at Biertan
What's excluded :
- Photo fees
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses (alcohol, souvenirs, etc.)
- Entry/Admission - Biertan Fortified Church
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Biertan Fortified Church, Central Square, Biertan 557045 Romania
Stop at the medieval village of Biertan and discover the site of the bishopric seat for more than 300 years.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sighisoara, Sighisoara, Mures County, Central Romania, Transylvania
Founded by Transylvanian Saxons during the 12th century, Sighişoara is a fine example of a small, fortified medieval town. It played an important strategic and commercial role on the fringes of central Europe for several centuries. Now a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, the perfectly-intact 16th-century gem boasts cobbled streets, burgher houses, ornate churches and 9 historic towers.
Tour the main cultural sites, such as the clock tower, Stag House and the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler. Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler) was the ruler of Walachia from 1456 to 1462. Better known as Vlad Dracula, he was the inspiration for Bram Stoker's fictional Count Dracula. You will also climb the 177 steps of the Covered Staircase to the Church on the Hill.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Piața Mare 12, Sibiu 557260, Romania
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.