Day Trip - Akagera National Park with Optional Lake Ihema Boat Safari
This tour takes you to Akagera National Park, a Big Five destination that is emerging as one of the best off-the-beaten-path Safari Parks. It lacks of tourist hordes sets it apart from other destinations in East Africa and the fact that you can enjoy an optional boat Safari at lake Ihema makes it a unique experience.
The tour will be led by an experience guide, who is not only at home in the park but also knowledgeable on all-things-Rwanda
per adult from
10 hours 12 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and Drop off in Kigali
- All Transportation in a Customized Safari Vehicle with a pop-up roof for easy game viewing
- 1 Bottled Water Per Person
What's excluded :
- Akagera Park Entrance Fee 50/30 USD Adults/Children Per Person
- Optional Lake Ihema 1 Hour Boat Safari 35 USD Per Person
- Lunch 5 - 20 USD - Kindly Discuss/Request guide for Options
- Items and Services of Personal Nature
- Entry/Admission - Akagera National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kigali, Kigali, Kigali Province
Pick up from your hotel at 5:00 AM and drive through the dramatic, cultivated hills define Rwanda arriving at Akagera National Park 8:00AM.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lake Ihema, Rwanda
Enjoy an optional Boat Safari at Lake Ihema as you drift along the forest fringed body of water on the midst of hippos resting and Nile crocodiles patrolling for breakfast. The lake is also rich in birdlife with over 450 different species.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Akagera National Park, Rwanda
Spend an entire day in Akagera a spectacular chain of low grassy mountains that slope down to a tract of undulating savannah, hemmed in by an extensive wetland comprising a dozen lakes, extensive papyrus swamps.
Search for Lions, Rhino, buffalos, elephants, Maasai giraffe, Burchell’s zebra, warthog, olive baboon, vervet, antelopes and other animals to your heart's content
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kigali Intl. Airport, Kigali Rwanda
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.