Day-Trip Church of Adadi Mariam from Addis Ababa
This is private 8 to 9 hours private guided day tour from Addis Ababa. With this day tour: -
- Stop at few best viewpoints to enjoy the great scenery the Rift Valley
- Visit the unique still-functioning rock carved church of Adadi Mariam (13th Century AD)
- Explore the ancient grave site of Tiya (UNESCO World Heritage dating back to 12th - 14th Century AD) to see huge stone grave markers decorated with carvings
- Experience the daily life of locals with family visit and learn how to make Enjera (Ethiopian bread)
- Take part in a typical traditional Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony and learn how Coffee is enjoyed with a ceremony
This private day tour from Addis Ababa is limited to a maximum of 6 people.
Day Tour to Adadi Mariam Rock Church and Steles of Tiya takes about 8 to 9 hours. This day tour is accompanied with professional experienced English speaking guide. Day tour is with a private comfortable air conditioned vehicle for total drive of 196 km.
Have a great tour!
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional experienced English speaking tour guide
- Bottled water - Local snacks, tea, and coffee
- Local family visits
- Typical Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony attendance and Coffee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - Lunch at a local Ethiopian restaurant
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees: Admission ticket max. 20.00
- Any other expenses
- Entry/Admission - Adadi Maryam
- Entry/Admission - Tiya World Heritage Site
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adadi Maryam, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Drive 62 south of Addis Ababa to Adadi Mariam. On the way stop at viewpoints to see the Geat East African Rift Valley. At Adadi Mariam, visit the unique still functional church which was carved out of a single piece of rock in the 13th Century AD by the famous King Lalibela.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tiya World Heritage Site, Tiya Ethiopia
At Tiya World Heritage Site, visit about 40 huge stone grave markers erected in memory of local heros between the 12th to the 14th Century AD.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Melka Kunture, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
If time allows, visit the archaeological site of Melka Kunture
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
ADDIS ABABA BOLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (if you are just arriving at Addis Ababa). OR any hotel, guest house, or any place in Addis Ababa. Please, inform the exact place and time you would like to be picked up.Airports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is formal and women are advised to cover hairs when visiting churches
- If the tour is taken in June, July or August, please be prepared for the rainy weather and bring raincoat/umbrellas
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian and Gluten-free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.