Day Trip From Addis Ababa To Debre Libanos & Blue Nile Gorge
This Tour will give a partial view of the Ethiopian Rural area like experiencing the local hut or grass houses of the countryside and chance of learning about the history of Ethiopia, the Life in the monastery and its museums, and also you will have a chance of seeing the Ethiopian endemic baboons called Chilada, variety of bird life which are abundant to this Place and also seeing the fabulous waterfalls at the Portuguese bridge(which is one of the oldest bridge in Ethiopia built by the Portugal people).
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Guide at the sites
- Driver Allowance
- Bottled water
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Debre Libanos Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Portuguese Bridge
What's excluded :
- All not Mentioned on The Inclusion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Debre Libanos Monastery, North West of Addis Ababa Seimien Shewa Zone of Oromia Region, Debre Libanos 1000 Ethiopia
Debre Libanos is an important monastic center for Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity. The monastery was founded by the renowned 13th century mystic, St Teklehaimanot.
Before driving back to Addis, we will stop at the Jemma River Gorge. The Jemma River is one of the tributaries of the Nile, and there is a drop of nearly 1000 metros to the valley below. We will walk downhill to the 17th century Portuguese Bridge. Here we can expect to see plenty of birdlife including the Banded Barbet, the Black headed forest oriole, the White billed starling, the Red Billed starling, the White winged cliff chat, the White backed black tit, white cheeked Turaco and Hemprich's hornbill. We will also see one of Ethiopia's endemic mammals, the Gelada or bleeding heart baboon. Leaving the Gorge we drive back to Addis Ababa.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Portuguese Bridge, Near the Blue Nile Water Fall, Debre Libanos Ethiopia
Portuguese bridge near Debre Libanos was erected by the Portuguese in the 16th century; it was actually built at the turn of the 19th century by Ethiopians, albeit in the old Portuguese style. The narrow span makes a pretty picture and the gushing (in the rainy season) cascade just below it is even more impressive
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from anywhere in Addis AbabaAirports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.