Day Trip from Naples: Paestum and its temples - private tour
Paestum is a truly enchanting and atmospheric place, and a 'must' on any classical tour of Italy. Just south of the Sorrento peninsula and Amalfi Coast, and a mile inland, this is a haunting archaeological site where three Greek temples stand in the middle of the countryside. Paestum is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Once called Poseidonia, the city was founded in the VII century BC by Greeks colonists from Sybaris and it would has probably occupied by a human settlement when they got there.
It turned the name in Paestum once and for all when it was taken by Rome and continued to prosper until the mouth of river Salso started to be buried by sand and the whole place turned into a swamp.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Deluxe transportation with English speaking driver
- Professional tour guide ( 2 hours while in Paestum )
- Admission tickets to Paestum
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Park of Paestum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Park of Paestum, 84047 Paestum, Capaccio-Paestum Italy
Paestum was a major ancient Greek city on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea in Magna Graecia. After its foundation by Greek colonists under the name of Poseidonia (Ancient Greek: Ποσειδωνία) it was eventually conquered by the Lucanians and later the Romans.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide your hotel accommodation in Naples if the pick-up should be arranged from the hotel.Please provide your cruise ship name if the pick-up should be arranged from the Cruise ship terminal in Naples.Ports
- Porto di Napoli, Molo Angioino, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.