Day Trip from Porto to Régua by Train and Return by Boat
This is the cruise everyone talks about! Enjoy a sublime boat ride: embark in the city of Porto and enjoy the beauty of the Douro to Régua. A magnificent boat tour that takes place everyday to discover the best that the Douro has to offer!
This day trip offers a cruise from Porto to Régua, including an wonderfull experience.
The Alto Douro Vinhateiro, constitutes the one of the most representative and better conserved demarcated wine regions in the world.
This trip gives you the opportunity to know all the secrets preserved in the Douro wine region, the essence of the wine at their purest state.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - A complete lunch will be serve on board with drinks included.
- Hotel pick up and drop off (if shuttle option included)
- Panoramic River Cruise
- Restroom on board
- Entry/Admission - Barragem de Crestuma-Lever
- Entry/Admission - Barragem do Carrapatelo
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sao Bento Railway Station, Praca Almeida Garrett, Porto 4000-069 Portugal
Board on a fun day on this 1 day cruise from Régua, the capital of the Douro Valley, and enjoy the unique scenery and landscape of the wine estates and the river.
Pass By: Douro River, Porto Portugal
The Douro Valley could as easily be called the enchanted valley, such is the beauty and magic that its landscapes offer.
Stop At: Barragem de Crestuma-Lever, Lever, Vila Nova de Gaia 4515-658 Portugal
The Crestuma-Lever Dam is located in the Porto district, between the parishes of Crestuma and Lever, from which the dam's name derives, and connects the municipalities of Vila Nova de Gaia and Gondomar. It was opened in 1985.
This is the Douro dam closest to the mouth where it is 22 kms. It is therefore the first dam that we find when we go up the river by boat and the last when we go down.
The lock overcomes a 13.9m height difference of the waters, being the smallest difference in the Douro Dams.
In addition to water storage and electricity production, the dam also serves as a pedestrian and road crossing.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Barragem do Carrapatelo, Rio Douro, Marco de Canaveses 4625-018 Portugal
The Carrapatelo dam is located on the border of Porto and Viseu district, respectively between the municipalities of Marco de Canaveses and Cinfães. Inaugurated in 1972, it was the first dam to be built on the national section of the Douro River.
This is the Douro dam with the highest gap, 35m, which makes the boat passage through its lock an unforgettable experience.
It is located at km 65 of the Douro waterway and is the second dam before the mouth of the Douro.
Pass by this dam the cruises that make the route Porto and Régua.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Peso Da Regua, Peso Da Regua, Vila Real District, Northern Portugal
It is thought that the town´s name originated from the name of a Roman house that once stood here - the "Villa Reguela". Its great development was, however, only to begin after 1756 with the creation of the Real Companhia Geral da Agricultura das Vinhas do Alto Douro (Royal Company of Vine-Growers from the Alto Douro Region), which set up the world's first ever demarcated region for wine production.
Situated on the banks of the River Douro, Peso da Régua played a fundamental role in the production and sale of Port wine, for it was from here that the barrels were transported in the special boats known as barcos rabelos to Vila Nova de Gaia, where the wine was left to age in the local wine lodges.
In this region, the vines are grown on terraced slopes leading down to the river, providing visitors with a series of spectacular views, which are best admired from the area's many viewpoints, such as those of São Leonardo at Galafura and Santo António do Loureiro.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
By the end of the day you will reach Porto.
Cross the bridges of Porto until you get to the mouth of the River where it meets the sea and finish the experience with the best views of Porto historical center and the Port Wine Lodges in Gaia.
The boat will arrive to Porto (Ribeira Quay) or Gaia (Gaia Quay - it will be mentioned on the confirmation).
Departure Point :São Bento Station, Praça de Almeida Garrett, 4000-069 Porto, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
When the option with transfer is chosen we collect all passegers from their Hotels around 30 minutes before departure of the cruise/train.
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :Ribeira Square, Praça Ribeira, Porto, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick up service from the hotel is not included neither drop off service
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The cruise is subject to availability, weather and sailing conditions
- Panoramic cruise
- The cruise requires a minimum number of participants
- No refunds for late passengers
- In case the program changes or there is no availability a bus will be used instead of train
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Certified with the CLEAN AND SAFE by the Portuguese Tourism Board and SAFE TRAVELS certification by the WTTC. For safety reasons, during 2020, the train transportation with be replaced by bus.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.