Day Trip from Reykjavik: River Rafting on the Hvítá River
Experience Iceland from a completely different perspective on this rafting adventure down the Hvítá River! After pickup from your Reykjavik hotel, head to the river and admire stunning canyons as you and your professional guide navigate through a mix of adrenaline-pumping white-water rapids and tranquil passageways. Pass through the magnificent Brúarhlöð canyon, where you can jump from a cliff into the river! Afterwards head back to Reykjavik.
per adult from
What's included :
- River rafting on the Hvítá River
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from selected pickup points in Reykjavik (if option selected)
- Free wi-fi on board (If pickup is selected)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Arctic Adventures, Reykjavik Iceland
Pick up starts in Reykjavik.
Stop At: Drumboddsstaðir - River Base, Island, Iceland
This fun tour lets you experience Iceland in a unique way – on a river-rafting adventure! Choose the morning or afternoon option, depending on your preference, and embark on a day trip to the Hvítá River, just a short coach ride.
This tour will take you through Class II rapids, ensuring you’ll have a fun, enjoyable white-water rafting experience that’s suitable for every fitness level. After a brief safety instruction, navigate down the river with your professional guide and enjoy a perfect mix of serene floating and exciting rapids through picturesque canyons and fissures.
On the way, pass through the magnificent Brúarhlöð canyon, a stunning setting where you’ll have the opportunity to unleash your wild side by jumping off the cliff into the river! You’ll discover that despite the country’s name, the water is pleasantly cool and inviting.
To complete your trip, end your fantastic adventure by relaxing in a sauna at the rafting base camp's facilities nearby. Then, head back to your Reykjavik hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is available from selected Reykjavik pick up points.
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 11 years
- Items recommended to bring: warm sweater, bathing suit, change of clothing and a towel
- Please note: Although you don't need to ‘swim’ while river rafting, it is recommended that you know how to swim. You must be comfortable with floating in water.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.