Day Trip from Rome: Orvieto and Assisi - private tour
Situated less about two hours drive from Rome, Orvieto sits on a volcanic plateau, high above the picturesque Umbrian countryside which surrounds it. In addition to being known for its high quality cuisine (truffles are a particular speciality), the city boasts an incredible Gothic Cathedral with a frescoed Last Judgement to rival Michaelangelo’s, a labyrinth of ancient underground tunnels and a fine art gallery.
Assisi, the birthplace of St. Francis, has many sites relating to the life of the Saint which can be visited, the Porziuncola Chapel where he was born and the order was founded and the “Eremo delle Carceri” a peaceful monastery in the nearby hills, where he famously preached to the birds. The city’s masterpiece, the Basilica of St. Francis is important both from a religious and artistic perspective.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance tickets to St. Francis' Basilica
- Private transportation by deluxe vehicle and English speaking driver
- Professional tour guide ( 2 hours in Assisi )
What's excluded :
- Lunch fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orvieto, Orvieto, Province of Terni, Umbria
you will stop in Orvieto and walk on your own through the old center. You may enter the Gothic Cathedral with a frescoed Last Judgement to rival Michaelangelo’s, fine art galleries and artisan shops featuring locally made crafts especially ceramics.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Assisi, Assisi, Province of Perugia, Umbria
the birthplace of St. Francis, has many sites relating to the life of the Saint which can be visited. The city’s masterpiece, the Basilica of St. Francis is important both from a religious and artistic perspective.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide your hotel accommodation at the moment of the reservation.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.