Day Trip from Rome to Pompei & the Amalfi Coast with Mercedes luxury van (12hrs)
The most famous archaeological site in the world is not hard to name. If there has ever been a site as well preserved, as evocative, as memorable as that of Pompeii, the luxurious resort for the Roman Empire, buried under the ash and lava erupted by Mount Vesuvius on August 24, 79 AD.
The day trip to Pompeii and Amalfi Coast starts at 7:30AM. The driver will meet you right at the hotel. First stop will be Pompei where you expect to arrive around 9:30AM. You will meet your local guide for the 2hrs walking tour. The quote for the Guide is Eur 150,00 cash.
You will continue the drive south on the beautiful cliff road called Amalfi Coast and reach in about 1,5hrs Positano, a real vertical town located between the blue waters of the Mediterranean and the beautiful green slopes of the Monti Lattari, where you can go around this charming summer village and have lunch in a local restaurant. Return time to Rome is scheduled at 7:30PM, hoping you enjoyed the time you’ve spent with us.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private & Customizable tour. We do not combine groups.
- English speaking driver with Mercedes luxury van (V class), Vito or Sprinter
- Hotel, B&B, private apartment Pick-up & Drop off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- On Request: Private walking tour of Pompei (2hrs) with a Licensed Tour Guide (Eur 150,00 cash)
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Limousine Service in Italy, Via Domenico Vietri 20, 00149 Rome Italy
Based in Rome, Limousine Service in Italy provides professional limousine services, private walking tours and sightseen tours to and from hotels, airports, train stations, docks for all types of journeys.
Duration: 12 hours
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
The archaeological site of Pompeii spreads over 66 hectares, 49 of which have already been excavated. In 1858, director of the excavations Giuseppe Fiorelli had the idea of dividing the city into regions, or neighborhoods, and insulae, or blocks. The names of the houses were coined by the archaeologists over the centuries, under various criteria. The buried city was rediscovered in the 16th Century, but it was only in 1748 that the exploration phase began, under the King of Naples Charles III of Bourbon. It continued systematically throughout the 9th Century up to the most recent excavations, restorations and enhancements of the ancient city, with the rediscovering of its exceptional architecture, sculptures, paintings and mosaics.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Amalfi Coast, 84011 Italy
A vertical landscape, in short, characterized by a picturesque labyrinth of stairways and narrow alleys, connecting the two main elements of this landscape: the mountains and the sea. A continuous succession of headlands and inlets, bays and fjords, interspersed with pebbled beaches and rocks on which you can still see the ancient viceregal towers, the first bulwark of the local population against the Saracen attacks. The shift from the sea to mountain is seamless: the mountain sides were terraced over the centuries, shaped by human labor to create flaps of arable land and already compared, during the Renaissance period, to the legendary Hesperides by the Italian writer and naturalist Giambattista Della Porta.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your driver meet you at your hotel, B&B, private apartment or Airport (Extra charge_Eur 70,00 cash), port of Civitavecchia (Extra charge_Eur 150,00 cash).Airports
- Fiumicino Airport, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 54, Fiumicino Italy
- Port of Civitavecchia
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.