Day trip from San Jose to Monteverde Cloud Forest & Sky Adventure Park
• Created in 1972, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve is one of the most famous in the world.
• In 2007, it was chosen as one Costa Rica’s 7 Wonders.
• In this forest we can find four ecological “Live Zones” that harbor different ecosystems for hundreds of species of mammals, birds, butterflies, amphibians, reptiles, insects and arachnids; a variety of mosses, vines, other plants, and typical trees of the Cloud Forest.
• Visit the Golden Toad’s unique habitat; see birds like the resplendent quetzal (the most beautiful bird of the Americas), the three-wattled Bell Bird, and the Black Faced Solitaire.
• Trees like Strangler Figs, Avocados, and Cecropias as well as epiphytes like Bromeliads, Orchids, and Mosses are common. A wide array of insects, mammals, and reptiles can also be spotted.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monteverde, Monteverde, Province of Puntarenas
Founded in the 1950s by a group of Quakers from the U.S.A., Monteverde has gained international renown as one of the most outstanding wildlife sanctuaries in the tropics. The reserve covers an area of 10,500 hectares of land and maintains six different life zones. The climate and the terrain of the reservation produce an incredible bio-diversity.
There are at least 400 species of birds in the highest part of the rain forest, which includes the resplendent Quetzal, formerly the sacred bird of the Mayans, more than 100 species of mammals, 120 species of amphibians and reptiles and approximately 2,500 species of plants, which make Monteverde a true paradise for bird lovers. The reserve has wet and dry seasons, although the higher parts have fog and it rains a lot during the year.
Duration: 13 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travellers will be picked up at the Hotel lobby
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is require
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Small groups ( 5-8 passenger maximum per excursion)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.