Day trip off the beaten track to Kef Sicca from Tunis
Leave Tunis and the beaches of the coast and experience an unknown side of Tunisia, On the menu: fresh air, green leisure activities, and the discovery of ancient ruins, and contrasting landscapes of western Tunisia, the charming little town of Kef with a tumultuous past. Natural beauty is not the only thing this region has to offer: the city has preserved countless memories of its vibrant history, including its Ottoman fortress, Jewish synagogue, and Byzantine Basilic
You will enjoy lunch around the exotic dam of Mellegue experiencing the splendid views, without fail to take advantage of kayaking on the magnificent dam!
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Kasbah Of Le Kef
- Entry/Admission - Musee Des Arts Et Traditions Populaires
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kasbah Of Le Kef, Le Kef Tunisia
Climb up to the Ottoman citadel which faces a sumptuous panorama of fields and forests. The Kef's main attraction can be spotted from nearly everywhere around the city. A stronghold of some sort has occupied this site since the 5th century BC. The fortress boasts great views across the rolling blue-green landscape dotted with pine trees.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Musee Des Arts Et Traditions Populaires, Rue De La Kasbah, Le Kef 7100 Tunisia
We leave the Kasbah to a well-laid-out museum, housed in a sprawling, beautifully ornate Sufi complex founded in 1784. The museum concentrates on the culture of the region's Berber nomads, and exhibits include traditional clothing, Berber tents, and farming tools, but the nominal entry fee is worth it for the architecture alone.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Le Kef, Le Kef, Le Kef Governorate
High in the hills, authentic and charming Le Kef is one of Tunisia’s most underrated tourist destinations. The old town offers just part of its proudly multicultural heritage, from the Carthaginian town of Sicca to becoming the provincial capital of Tunisia during WWII. Kef is cascading on the mountainside, the white domes of the Sidi Boumakhlouf mosque watch over the medina. The Walk tour through its alleys and stairs, encountering many vestiges of Antiquity scattered throughout the old city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mellegue Dam, Tunisia
The last stop of the tour is the Beautiful Mellegue dam that Built between 1949 and 1956 and alimented by OUED MALLEGUE, the 130 km wadi flowing in western Tunisia that watershed is partly in Algeria and a tributary of the Medjerda River. the Mellegue dam is an excellent starting point for hiking, picnics in the open air.
A walk and lunch at the lake inn will take you For an exotic escape in the plain, the place offers Splendid view and enjoying boat trips on the Mellegue dam.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You’ll get picked up from any hotels or Airbnb around Tunis
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.