Day Trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial from Krakow
Auschwitz-Birkenau started as a concentration camp, and became the center for the extermination for 1.5 million people under the Nazi occupation of Poland. This tour starts with a 50-minute documentary movie about the liberation of the camp. The guide will then introduce you to the historical and political background of the camp before proceeding to the museum that is now housed in the remaining prison blocks, gas chamber and crematorium. After a short break, the tour continues to Birkenau which was the biggest Nazi concentration camp. Auschwitz-Birkenau is now protected and included on the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour starts at central meeting point in the city center of Krakow and the bus then takes you straight to Memorial. On the way to Auschwitz & Birkenau is played a documentary movie titled "Liberation" that shows the historical background of the camps and provides an introduction to what you will see at the memorial.
After a 1 hour and 20 minute drive the group is given short break (10 mins) to use the bathroom before entering the site for your tours. The visit to Auschwitz I Museum lasts approx. 2 hours and you will be accompanied by a local guide. If there are more than 10 people on the tour, headsets are provided to ensure you can hear the guide properly. After your visit to Auschwitz I, you will then return to the bus for the short drive to Auschwitz - Birkenau where your tour will continuefor approx. 1 hour.
Your visit to Auschwitz I leads you through the permanent exhibition housed in the original prison blocks, gas chambers and crematorium. The tour continues in Birkeanu and shows you the most important original objects from the biggest Nazi Concentration Camp.
Departure Point :Cracow city tours, plac Jana Matejki 2, 31-156 Kraków, Poland
Departure Time :8:40 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer to assist them on the day
- Only small handbags/purses are allowed inside the museum, backpacks, rucksacks and larger bags may not be brought inside. Baggage left on the bus is at the owner's own risk
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.