Day Trip to Bob Marley's Nine Mile from Montego Bay Hotels
Enjoy this day trip to Nine Miles, St. Ann to visit the birth and resting place of the late reggae legend, Bob Marley. At 3,000 feet, you are treated to an amazing view of the continuous mountain peaks and fresh mountain air. The warmth of the "Country folks" in this very tiny remote village are unmatched. This is a rare moment to stand right next to the reggae legend, one of the most popular persons to ever walk this earth even after over 38 years of his passing.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan/bus
- Local driver/guide
- Professional Nine Mile guide
- Local taxes
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Nine Miles
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos and other items for sale
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica
This Rose Hall Great House is an early 18th century plantation home that sits on a high elevation on thousands of acres in Rose Hall, Montego Bay. The Rose Hall Great House was once owned by the famous and certainly one of the wickedest plantation owners to walk the land of Jamaica, Annie Palmer. She owned hundreds of slaves. This house became haunted after her gruesome death in 1831. The house is scary to look at even in the daytime. There is no stop at the Rose all Great House on your way to Negril however, your tour guide will tell you the history and slow down so that you can take photos.
Pass By: Greenwood Great House, 435 Belgrade Ave, Montego Bay Jamaica
The Greenwood Great House (Plantation home) was constructed in the early 18th Century. Like most, if not all the other Great Houses in Jamaica, the Greenwood Great House was built at high elevation. One could say that this was a strategy used back in the plantation era as a means of overlooking the plantation and also for security purposes. This house, unlike the Rose Hall Great House, is not haunted but of a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The history and the architecture of the house is what will blow you away. As you pass by, feel free to take photos when your tour guide slows down.
Stop At: Columbus Park, Main Street, Discovery Bay Jamaica
Columbus Park Discovery Bay
The town of Discovery Bay is where you will find Columbus Park. It was originally named Puerto Seco “Dry Harbour” by Christopher Columbus in 1494 when he and his men landed on the Island. It is said that could not find fresh water to drink. They later found fresh water in another area about 5 miles west of the town. The water was so good that they named the location where it was found Rio Bueno (“Good River”). However, the town of Puerto Seco was later renamed in 1947 to Discovery Bay because Discovery Bay is where the Spanish, lead by Christopher Columbus landed when they invaded the Island on May 4, 1494. There is a park with several old relics and artifacts on display. There will be a brief stop to take photos and capture the rich history of this historic town.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Nine Miles, Jamaica
Bob Marley was born on February 6th, 1945. He died on May 11th, 1981. Visiting this small town is a priority for all tourists, cruise ship and stopover passengers alike from Ocho Rios, Falmouth, Montego Bay and from as far as Negril in the west. Nine Miles is a tiny village in hills of St. Ann where the reggae legend, Bob Marley was born, and fittingly, the place he’s now laid to rest.
Although Bob Marley moved to Kingston at age 13 to live with his mother and to advance his music career, he would often return to Nine Miles to get away from the fast pace life of Kingston. Home is where the heart is and Bob Marley wrote several of his hit songs when he was in St. Ann.
Nine Miles Jamaica was always his home and to have the full experience of Bob Marley; you will have to visit this town. A tour of this settlement will leave you with a greater understanding of the legend Bob became; in fact, the community today is pretty much how it was in Bob Marley’s early days. A Rastafarian tour guide will be on hand to guide you around the property and answer all your questions.
Still present, is his first home and the very bed he slept in as a young child also as an adult when he would return on his many “cooling out” visits. The rock that he used as a pillow, on which he would relax. Quite a few guests have said that they have felt the presence of Bob Marley.
The Nine Mile Tour includes his birth and resting place, what he liked to do and Mount Zion, the spot where he drew his inspiration from to write his songs. Visit the nearby Ethiopian church where his body was laid to rest with his guitar. Please remove your shoes before you enter as a sign of respect. Feel free to look around.
The drive from Montego Bay will be approximately 2 1/2 hours.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Montego Bay hotels, villas and other accommodations. You are required to contact local supplier at least 24 hours prior to the day of your tour to verify accommodation pick up or central pick up point.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child seat available
- Please note: entrance tickets and transport included. This voucher will not be accepted if presented directly at the venue.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
- We pickup from most Montego Bay hotels. You must contact us at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to confirm your booking and arrange your pickup at a central location if you are staying at other accommodations.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.