Day Trip to Bob Marley's Nine Mile from Runaway Bay
Enjoy this day trip to the humble, remote little village of Nine Miles, St. Ann to visit the birth and resting place of the late reggae legend, Bob Marley. At 3,000 feet, you are treated to an amazing view of the continuous mountain peaks and fresh mountain air. You get a rare chance to enter the little one room house where he was born. See and touch his first bed and other items left behind.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local Taxes
- Professional guides
- Entry/Admission - Nine Miles
What's excluded :
- Lunch and drinks
- Souvenirs and other items for sale
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Stop At: Nine Miles, Jamaica
Bob Marley was born on February 6th, 1945. He died on May 11th, 1981. Visiting this small town is a priority for all tourists, cruise ship and stopover passengers alike from Ocho Rios, Falmouth, Montego Bay and from as far as Negril in the west. Nine Miles is a tiny village in hills of St. Ann where the reggae legend, Bob Marley was born, and fittingly, the place he’s now laid to rest.
Although Bob Marley moved to Kingston at age 13 to live with his mother and to advance his music career, he would often return to Nine Miles to get away from the fast pace life of Kingston. Home is where the heart is and Bob Marley wrote several of his hit songs when he was in St. Ann.
Nine Miles Jamaica was always his home and to have the full experience of Bob Marley; you will have to visit this town. A tour of this settlement will leave you with a greater understanding of the legend Bob became; in fact, the community today is pretty much how it was in Bob Marley’s early days. A Rastafarian tour guide will be on hand to guide you around the property and answer all your questions.
Still present, is his first home and the very bed he slept in as a young child also as an adult when he would return on his many “cooling out” visits. The rock that he used as a pillow, on which he would relax. Quite a few guests have said that they have felt the presence of Bob Marley.
The Nine Mile Tour includes his birth and resting place, what he liked to do and Mount Zion, the spot where he drew his inspiration from to write his songs. Visit the nearby Ethiopian church where his body was laid to rest with his guitar. Please remove your shoes before you enter as a sign of respect. Feel free to look around.
At the end of the tour you will be taken back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from most Runaway Bay Hotels. You are required to contact us at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to reconfirm your booking and arrange your pickup point. Please be at your pickup point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
Departure Time :10:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Limited amount of wheelchair transportation available
- Limited amount of child seats available
- Limited amount of infant seats available
- Children under 17 years or younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
- You must be 18 or older with ID to consume alcoholic beverages
- Minimum number apply: A minimum of 4 persons are required for this tour to take place. If we do not meet the minimum the tour may be rescheduled, an alternative suggested or canceled.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby/pickup point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Pickup time subject to change based on local traffic conditions and inclement weather.
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Things to take: Cash, Camera, Towels
- Dress code: Casual. Please wear comfortable clothing.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.