Day Trip to Carcassonne Cite Medievale
Day trip to the Cité de Carcassonne.
You're staying in Toulouse and you want to discover the Cité de Carcassonne, her comtal castle, her Saint Nazaire basilica and more historical highlights.
Located 1 hour from Toulouse, Carcassonne is one of the 25 Great Sites of Midi-Pyrénées. In Cathar country, at the heart of the fortified city, discover the château of the counts of Carcassonne and the remparts, a Unesco World Heritage site.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned coach of tourism
- Discounts for some activities, tours and entries (sites and muséums)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrances fees
- Visit: CityTour Toulouse, Place D Armenie Allee Jean-Jaures, 31000, Toulouse France
Departure at 9:30am and arrive in Carcassonne around 10:30am. See the fortified old city of Carcassonne, a medieval fortress restored by the theorist and architect Eugène Viollet-le-Duc in 1853. This beautiful city has officially joined the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites and is one of the largest fortified cities in Europe. Spending a day in this Medieval City is guaranteed to make you feel as though you're on a grand adventure with endless opportunities. Walk past the drawbridge and immerse yourself in the heart of the Middle Ages or take a tour of the city. Discover the medieval life by visiting the Chateau Fort and Bastide Saint Louis or enjoy a breathtaking view of the entire valley. Meet back up with your driver and return to Toulouse around 5:30pm.
Schedule of your day trip :
Departure from Toulouse at 09:30 (check in at 09:15), planned arrival in Carcassonne at 10:30
Départure from Carcassonne at 04:30pm, planned arrival in Toulouse at 05:30pm
Practical details, drop on, drop off :
In Carcassonne : at the bus parking. A free shuttle will pick you up every 5 to 10 minutes to take you to the Cité de Carcassonne (Porte Narbonaise). The shuttle lasts 5 minutes.
Departure Point :CityTour Toulouse, Place D Armenie Allee Jean-Jaures, 31000, Toulouse France
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 59 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.