Day Trip to Czestochowa and Lagiewniki from Krakow
On this tour You will explore Czestochowa - the spiritual and religious culture of Poland and the Divine Mercy Sanctuary in Lagiewniki.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Tour escort/host
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Czestochowa is called Poland's spiritual capital. You will visit the Pauline’s Monastery at a hill called Jasna Gora with the famous painting of Black Madonna which has a miraculous reputation. Dating back to 14th century Jasna Gora Monastery gained its value for Poles as the place important from the historical (famous Swedish siege in 17th c.) and religious points of view.
Lagiewniki is a district of Krakow famous thanks to Saint Sister Faustina, an apostle of theDivine Mercy. Sister Mary Faustina Kowalska promulgated the worship of God's Charity and the painting "Jesus, I Trust You" - the shrine of Divine Mercy. Annually, each leading Sunday, pilgrimages from all over Europe arrive to pray in front of the miraculous likeness and Saint Faustina's tomb. On 17th August 2002, the Pope John Paul II consecrated the newly built Basilica and devoted the whole World to the Divine Mercy.
Sanctuary of Saint John Paul II in Lagiewniki - located close to the Shrine of Devine Mercy, the Have No Fear! Center is currently one of the most visited churches in Krakow. Dedicated to John Paul II, contains the relics and souvenirs of the Saint.
Route: Krakow - Lagiewniki - Czestochowa - Krakow
Departure Point :Selected hotels
Departure Time :9:10 AM
Return Detail :You will be dropped off at hotels: Novotel / Ibis Centrum, Radisson Blu, Royal, Sheraton, Wyspianski, Holiday Inn, Andel's and Matejki Square; also en route if possible subject to traffic conditions and so close to your place as possible
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply (3pax). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.