Day Trip to Dala & Twante
The day trip from Yangon to Dala & Twante gives a glimpse of daily life in the delta area. Explore Dala across the Yangon River and visit the pottery workshops in Twante.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as camera fees, tips, etc.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon Region, Yangon Region
After breakfast, you will take the public ferry to Dala on the Yangon River. During the 15-minute drive, you’ll have the opportunity to observe the hustle and bustle of the pier and riverbank. You’ll then have plenty of time to actively discover the area during a traditional bike rickshaw ride which will lead you past the local fish market and Burmese tea shops, before travelling to the neighbourhood primary school. Interact with the locals during your stops, laugh with children and maybe even sample some special spices in the markets.
Afterwards, you’ll continue on by motorcycle rickshaw (Mini Oway three-wheel bike) to Twante (approx. ½ hour) – a magical little town situated on the Twante Canal. Lunch at a local restaurant. Afterwards, make your way to the river through the historic site known for its pottery workshops and cotton weaving mills. You’ll visit the Oh-Bo pottery quarter and watch the production of pottery in person. In the late afternoon, return by car to Dala (approx. 40 minutes) and then take the passenger ferry across the Yangon River back to Yangon.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our guide will pick you you up from your hotel around 8:00 a.m.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.