Day Trip to Igarassu and Itamaracá Island Tour from Recife
Enjoy a full day tour of history, environmental conservation and paradise beaches in Igarassu and Itamaracá, cities occupied long ago by Portuguese. Your guide will bring the small group to historic sites like the Church of Saints Cosmas and Damian and the Convent of St. Anthony, which tell the history of Brazil through architecture and works of art. Visit the Manatee Preservation Center to see these friendly marine creatures being rehabilitated. Complete your day with a swim at the beautiful beaches of Itamaracá Island and food and drinks at a seaside restaurant (own expense). Round-trip transport from your hotel in Boa Viagem and Pina is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Wifi available
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Start the day with pickup from your hotel in Boa Viagem and Pina at 7am in an air-conditioned minivan and drive about an hour to the historic center of Igarassu. This was one of the starting points of Portuguese colonization in Brazil and is home to well-preserved architecture from those days. Visit centuries-old structures like the Church of Saints Cosmas and Damian (the oldest church in Brazil, and still full operational) and the Convent of St. Anthony.
With your guide, continue to the island of Itamaracá, which is also full of history from colonial times. Visit the Fort Orange, built on the beach of Pilar, dating back to the Dutch invasions of Brazil in the 1600s. Explore this historic site and enjoy the local restaurants (food and drink are not included) and the surrounding beaches. The water on the shores of Itamaracá is clear and warm, so don't forget to bring a swim suit! On the island, also check out the Manatee Preservation Center, where manatees are being rehabilitated, to eventually be released back into the wild.
Your tour will conclude with drop-off back at your hotel at approximately 5pm.
Departure Point :Hotels in Boa Viagem and Pina.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Boa Viagem and Pina
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Beach dress code and swimsuit
- Your departure time can be earlier depending on hotel pick-up service
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.