Day Trip to Kazbegi from Tbilisi via Georgian Military Road
Absorb the sweeping views and fresh mountain air of the Georgian Caucasus Mountains on an invigorating trip from Tbilisi via Georgian Military Road. Admire the magical Mount Kazbek. Explore cultural heritage sites and learn the secret of authentic cuisine.
• Drive along the most scenic Georgian mountain road "Georgian Military Road"
• Enjoy beautiful views over the mount Kazbek "Mkinvartsveri"
• Spend your free time on the panoramic yard in majestic Gergeti Monastery
• Learn the secret of authentic cuisine by cooking dish Khinkali (learning by doing)
• Exciting views of landscapes and valleys
• Take a trip to the tiny Georgian town of Stepantsminda
• Visit the inspiring Ananuri fortress complex
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points (Hotels)
- Live commentary on board
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Hike to Gergeti church from Stepantsminda and back (duration 2-3 hours)
- Short Master-Class cooking Khinkali
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Custom and Private Tours by Taste of Georgia
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Custom and Private Tours by Taste of Georgia, 1 Korneli Kekeklidze Tbilisi, T'bilisi 0179, Georgia
In the morning, your guide and driver will pick you up from your accommodation in Tbilisi and from there you’ll start your journey. Travel by comfortable car on the road that connects Georgia to Russia. Driving from Tbilisi to Kazbegi will take 3 to 4 hours with several stops at different places for taking photos, buying souvenirs or just enjoying the view.
from Tbilisi to first stop will take 40 minutes driving. Our Tour guides are ready share with you stories in car, use this time and go ahead get answers on your questions before you will arrive at spots
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Panorama of Zhinvali Reservoir, Georgia
Enjoy with views on manmade lake and dense forest when you guide shares stories of this place.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Ananuri Fortified Castle Ensemble, Georgian Military Highway Near Zhinvali Reservoir, Ananuri 1803 Georgia
On your next stop start exploring the Ananuri fortress complex with your local tour guide who will share his knowledge of this complex comprises fortification, where is churches, defense spaces, living areas and storage's buildings. Explore the fortress and enjoy beautiful views of the Jinvali reservoir
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Gudauri View Point, Georgia
After driving through Gorge Aragvi you will reach Gudauri ski resort with its observation decks. Best place is The Russia–Georgia Friendship Monumen, from here you can listen your guide stories and same time enjoying views on Devils Valley and making Images for great memories.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Jvari, Georgia
You will continue your journey by the Jvari pass, for your day trip it's will be highest point (Altitude 2396 m - 7860 FT)
Stop At: Stepantsminda, Stepantsminda, Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region
From there, you will ascend high into the Gergeti hills to the Gergeti monastery (Optional: by trail or by car).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Gergeti Trinity Church, Near the Village of Gergeti, Stepantsminda Georgia
Get ready for spectacular views. Most of Travelers saying it's breathtaking place. There you can absorb the panoramic views and mountain air.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pasanauri, Pasanauri, Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region
Do you know from where is Khinkali comes from? Yes Georgia! but locals will tell you that homeland of Khinkali is in mountains of Georgia and most tasty one is from village Pasanauri. On last stop of your day trip will be here for a short time in the village of Pasanauri, for the opportunity to learn how to cook authentic Georgian cuisine – Khinkali (dumplings).
Are You ready to get awesome experiences in Day Trip? Book Now Day Trip To Kazbegi with Taste of Georgia Tours
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Big Bicycle monument, Rose Revolution Square, T'bilisi, Georgia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact company if your staying place not listed in internet Airports
- Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport, Tbilisi Georgia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.