Day Trip to Korouoma Canyon from Rovaniemi
Demanding hiking and canyon! We make a car trip to Korouoma Canyon where we move on foot or snowshoes depending on the conditions and admire the famous canyon landscape. Barbeque lunch is offered by open fire. Great place for making nature pictures year around.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Snacks and meals mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Safari desk support
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional charge
- Korouoma Canyon is located on the border of Northern Ostrobothnia and the Region of Koillismaa in Southern Lapland. The area’s landscape is exceptionally rugged and grand. The aim of this future nature reserve is to protect species of old-growth forests, of herb-rich forests and of cliffs. The flora and fauna varies throughout the area.
Korouoma is a 30 kilometer long and up to 130 meters deep canyon fracture valley and it is a part of a fracture zone in the bedrock, which is hudreds of millions of years old. At the centre of Korouoma the fracture valley forms a gorge with cliff faces tens of metres high and extremely steep. The River Korojoki meanders and twists at the bottom of the canyon.
Korouma’s several streams freeze during the winter forming huge ice formations. Because of these ice formations it is known as the best ice climbing location in Finland. Beautiful ice falls stays long into the midsummer.
Korouoma is an outstanding recreational area for outdoor pursuits. The Korouoma area offers a multitude of possibilities for hiking, nature watching and fishing as well as learning about the culture of the area in context to nature.
The canyon and its high cliffs form a breathtakingly rugged landscape to enjoy throughout the year.
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Physical classification: Challenging
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.