Day Trip to Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park with Optional Stirling Castle Tour from Edinburgh
Take a day trip from Edinburgh to the beautiful Scottish Highlands and get to know Loch Lomond, Trossachs National Park and Stirling Castle. The remote region is home to spectacular natural scenery with picturesque dales, mountains and lochs as well as quaint villages. After visiting the banks of Loch Lomond and exploring the Trossachs National Park, continue to the city of Stirling. Discover Stirling Castle on a tour (entrance own expense), and then return to Edinburgh via a stop at the Kelpies.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Stirling Castle (approximately £15 for an adult)
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Balmaha, Balmaha, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland
Head west through Scotland's central belt towards the ‘Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond’ where we take time at Balmaha to admire views of Ben Lomond. Here, you will have the opportunity to go on a woodland walk that will afford you great views of the loch. Standing on its bank you will understand why Loch Lomond has been immortalised in a world-famous song.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
The afternoon is spent exploring Stirling. Take the chance to discover impressive Stirling Castle, one of Scotland’s most important structures both historically and architecturally. Many royals have been crowned at Stirling Castle, including Mary Queen of Scots, and it was central to William Wallace’s fight in the Wars of Independence. Alternatively, explore Stirling, geographically one of the most significant towns in Scottish history.
Duration: 2 hours 50 minutes
Stop At: The Kelpies & The Helix, 4 Stadium Way The Helix, Falkirk FK2 9EE Scotland
On our way back you will have the chance to visit and marvel at the stunning Kelpies, the world's largest equine sculptures dedicated to the horse-powered heritage of Central Scotland, designed by Andy Scott. They also celebrate the mythological transforming beasts living in our lochs, rivers and streams, who possess the strength and endurance of 100 horses.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Highland Explorer Tours, 60 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1TB, UK
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 22 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.