Day Trip to Machu Picchu By Train
For many visitors to Peru and even South America, a visit to the Inca city of Machu Picchu is the long-anticipated highpoint of their trip. In a spectacular location, it’s the best-known archaeological site on the continent. This awe-inspiring ancient city was never revealed to the conquering Spaniards and was virtually forgotten until the early part of the 20th century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Cusco Hotel Transfer
- Transport to Ollantaytambo/Poroy Train station and back
- Train from Ollantaytambo/Poroy to Aguas Calientes and back
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu Sanctuary and back
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Bi-lingual guide (English and Spanish)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
At 3.55am hotel pick-ups will commence, so be up early and ready to go! You’ll be driven to the train station in Ollantaytambo, where you’ll catch the 6.40am train, arriving into Aguas Calientes at around 8.00am. On arrival, your guide will meet you at the train station in Aguas Calientes to take you to the bus, up to Machu Picchu. The bus ride is about 30 minutes. You should arrive to Machu Picchu at around 8.45am, and enter the site.
During a tour through this magnificent place, your bilingual guide will explain all about the historic site of Machu Picchu, and you’ll visit all the major places within the lost city. The guided tour will take around 2.5 to 3 hours. Afterwards, you'll have free time to wander around and admire this awe-inspiring place on your own. It’s possible to exit the site to eat a snack at the café, and then re-enter. Your ticket is valid for the entire day.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be picking you up from your hotel within the historic centre of Cusco. Please Note: This service doesn't include pick up in private residencies, example; Airbnb or hotels that are outside the historic centre.
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.