Day Trip to Mahabalipuram (Curated Private Sightseeing Experience)
Experience the popular gateway Mahabalipuram’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites near to Chennai, known for its picturesque beauty, carved temples and rock-cut caves, heritage and culture on this guided day trip to Chennai's most perennial favorite gateway.
per adult from
What's included :
- Highly trained and friendly Storyteller/ Guide who can speak English & Hindi
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entry fee to any historical site
- Entry/Admission - Shore Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shore Temple Rd, Mahabalipuram 603104 India
You will explore the Mahabalipuram a well established sea port was during the 7th to 10th centuries of the Pallava dynasty. The highlight of the tour will be followings
1. Shore Temple Dating back to the 8th century, two-temple structure that stands facing the sea and long survivor among the seven magnificent temples built over here.
2. Panch Rathas meaning five chariots, are magnificent stone structures, each carved out of a single huge boulder and each structure dedicated to one of the five Pandava brothers, significant characters of the Indian epic Mahabharata.
3. Krishna's Butter Ball a huge boulder with just a tip of it touching the rock giving the on-looker an impression that it may roll on him any moment.
4. Cave temples like Tiger Cave, Atyantakama & Ramanuja Cave Temples etc.
5. Asia's largest Seashell Museum having more than 20,000 kinds of shells, conchs, corals and fossils on display.
6. Mahabalipuram Beach and Light House.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from all the hotels located within city limits of Chennai.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.