Day trip to Melka Kunture & Adadi Mariam rock-hewn church.
A tour to Melka Kuntre and Bachilt Archaeological Site Adadi Mariam Church and the Tiya Stelae Field takes only one day. We leave Addis Ababa at 8.00 am and return by 4.30 pm.
First of all, we drive to Melka Kuntre and Bachilt Archaeological Site located around 50km outside of Addis Ababa
the Adadi Mariam Church located around 7km next to Melka Kuntre. Adadi Mariam is a subterranean rock-hewn church similar to those of Lalibela.
After visiting the church we’ll make the short trip to the Tiya Stelae Field. This ancient archaeology site contains 36 monuments, including 32 carved stelae.
This day trip includes lunch in the town of Tiya.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Adadi Maryam
- Entry/Admission - Melka Kunture
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Services which are not listed on the inclusion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adadi Maryam, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
This great one day trip will depart Addis Ababa at 8.00 am and have you back in the capital by 4.30 pm – 5.00 pm. The trip highlights include a visit to Melka Kunture and Bachilt Archaeological site,the Adadi Mariam Church and the Tiya Stelae Field.
Adadi Mariam Church is located 57km from Addis Ababa. The Tiya Stelae Field is a further 30km down the road.
We will stop for lunch in the town Tiya.
Adadi Mariam is a subterranean rock-hewn church similar to those of Lalibela. This church is unique as it is the southern-most church of its type, and stands alone – no other rock-hewn churches are in the area. It has been surmised that King Lalibela ordered the construction of Adida Mariam for his visit to southern Ethiopia. The site dates to the 13th century, but is still an active site of worship.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Melka Kunture, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
At Melka Kunture Archaeological site we have a chance to see (nearly 2 million-year-old) discovered fossils of the prehistoric age. The Stone tools in the area dating 1. 5 million years old.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.