Day trip to Meteora from Athens
Begin your wonderful private tour, tailored to your needs, with an English speaking driver along the highway road to Mainland Greece. You'll have a short stop at Thermopylae where is the monument of Leonidas, the heroic King of Sparta who fought with his small army of 300 men against hundreds of thousands Persians. After this quick stop you'll continue your private trip along the same highway passing through Lamia, Domokos and Trikala until you will arrive at Kalambaka where you may see the first view of the imposing rocks popping trough the earth. Your private driver will get you to the first monastery of Meteora and he will wait for you until he will drive you to the next monastery. You have plenty of time to visit at least 3 Byzantine Monasteries. On the way back you may have a stop for dinner to taste Greek traditional food.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking and knowledgeable driver-guide
- Brand new vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off service from/to your accommodation or other location in Athens
- Skip-the-line service as we pre-purchase your tickets so that you enter sites without delay
- Petrol costs
- Toll fees
- Parking fees
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to monasteries, sites & museums
- Personal purchases during the tour
- Gratuities (tips are at your discretion)
- Licensed guide (we can arrange a professional guide for you upon request)
- Food and beverages (we can arrange meals/snacks and drinks for you upon request)
- Entry/Admission - Monastery of Metamorphosis of Sotiras
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thermopylae, Thermopylae, Phthiotis Region, Central Greece
You will witness the once 12-meter-wide coastal pass where in 480 BCE, 7.000 Greeks led by 300 Spartans and their King Leonidas fought off the invasion of at least 200.000 Persians led by King Xerxes.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Trikala, Trikala, Trikala Region, Thessaly
We ride through the towns of Lamia and Domokos and Greece’s smart city of Trikala
Stop At: Kastraki, Kastraki, Kalambaka, Trikala Region, Thessaly
Our exciting tour ends with a culinary experience, as we will head over Kastraki village and have dinner at a Greek traditional restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Monastery of Metamorphosis of Sotiras, Skopelos Town 37003 Greece
Namely, you are about to see the Holy Monastery of Metamorphosis/Great Meteoron and the neighbouring Holy Monastery of Varlaam, both built circa 1350. We will also drive you to the Holy Monastery of Roussanou and the Holy Monastery of Saint Nicholas Anapafsas, both founded at the end of the 14 th century. Next, you will marvel at the Holy Monastery of Saint Stephen built at the end of the 12 th century and the Holy Monastery of Holy Trinity founded between 1458 to 1476. All monasteries are fairly close to each other by car and they are all well-preserved.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
You will be instantly enchanted by the splendour of these ‘columns of the sky’! According to geologists, this unusual phenomenon was formed about 60 million years ago and it’s the result of a series of earth movements and weathering by water.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kalambaka, Kalambaka, Trikala Region, Thessaly
You can have a short stroll at the town of Kalampaka.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop-off service from/to your accommodation or other location in AthensAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus Cruise Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.