Day Trip to Pacuare River Rafting Class III-IV from San Jose
If you dream about rafting on a wild tropical river with warm water, the celadon-colored Pacuare is a dream come true! Rated one of the top rivers in the world, you’ll experience the intimate nature of the rainforest as you raft right through it on 19 miles of Class III-IV white water. The warm water, cascading waterfalls, and opulently lush rainforest with its brilliantly colored plants, animals, and birds indulge your senses on every level.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of helmet and a row
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pacuare River, Pacuare River, Province of Limon
The tour starts between 6:00 and 7:00 a.m when our microbuses pick up the adventurers in the main hotels of the metropolitan area.
A Costa Rican breakfast is offered at around 8:00 a.m. at a Restaurante in Turrialba.
Then we arrive to Tres Equis, Turrialba, a town where our guides wait for us with the equipment to start this wonderful adventure.
Each participant will receive a life jacket, a helmet and a row. One of the guides will give a safety speech and a small practice before facing whitewater rafting like Huacas, Cimarrones and Dos Montañas.
Pacuare is considered the most beautiful river in Costa Rica, and worldwide one of the best whitewater rafting rivers due to the scenic beauty, waterfalls, hiking trails and diversity of flora and fauna, among which participants will observe blue morpho butterflies, sloths, tucans, red frogs and great variety of birds. Thus, nature is present throughout the route.
Duration: 11 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travellers will be picked up at the Hotel lobby
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
- Dress code is sport - shorts, swim wear, rubber sandals o tennis shoes
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The maximum weight per person is 275 pound (125 kg)
- No passengers are allowed who have undergone recent surgery (heart, breast implants, spine, etc)
- Persons with conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes are at their own risk as long as they keep up with medical treatment
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Small groups ( 5-8 passenger maximum per excursion)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.