Day Trip to Ruse (Northern Bulgaria) from Bucharest
Visit the most elegant city in Bulgaria, Ruse.
Due to its prosperity in the 19th century, the city acquired a pronounced central European look and was even titled a “Little Vienna”.
You will start exploring Ruse from the Freedom Square, adorned with beautiful little park and fountains, the square still preserves the ambience of the old times.
Bulgarian rich history and traditions will be revealed to you during the visit to Ruse Museum of History. It occupies a former local court building and has an exposition of around 140 000 items.
Roman Fortress of Sexaginta Prista, overlooking the Danube, was once a mighty strategic Roman fort. Our guide will walk you through centuries of history to bring the place back to life.
Lose track of time when visiting the oldest church of Ruse - Holy Trinity Church, constructed during the Ottoman rule and aiming to be as unobtrusive as possible, it goes below the ground level.
The tour will end in a relaxing walk on the Danube Riverbank.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Bucharest
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets (cost approx. 6 Eur/person)
- Lunch expenses
- Entry/Admission - Rousse Museum of History
- Entry/Admission - Sexaginta Prista Fortress and Museum
- Entry/Admission - Sveta Troitsa Cathedral
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rousse Museum of History, Alexander Battenberg Square 3, Ruse 7000 Bulgaria
showcases an extensive collection of artefacts, telling a long and illustrious past of the north Bulgaria region
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Sexaginta Prista Fortress and Museum, Tsar Kaloyan str. 2, Ruse 7000 Bulgaria
travel back in time to ancient times and find out how the city was born
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Sveta Troitsa Cathedral, Sveta Troitsa Sq 7, Ruse 7000 Bulgaria
the oldest one in the city, most part of which is located under the ground
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Danube River, Ruse Bulgaria
enjoy a promenade on the picturesque Danube Riverbank
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Freedom Square, Ruse 7000 Bulgaria
stroll down the main streets of Ruse, created by eminent European architects (The Dohodno Zdanie, Opera House, Girdap, Regional Library Building)
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your accommodation in Bucharest
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Children under 4 y.o. cannot attend shared tours
- A minimum of 2 participants is required to organise the tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The tour includes around 4 to 5 hours walking tour, therefore, please make sure your physical condition allows it
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.