Day Trip to Sanchi Stupa & Vidisha from Bhopal
Sanchi is a small village about 30 miles from Bhopal in the Central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is a major Buddhist pilgrimage site that is home to the Great Sanchi Stupa, a hemispherical structure that contains ancient relics of the Buddha and his followers. It dates back to the 3rd century B.C. and is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At a 15 minutes drive from Sanchi is the town of Vidisha, the hometown of the first wife of Emperor Ashoka. Visit these two historical sites on a day-excursion from Bhopal.
• Great Stupa of Sanchi
• Ashoka Pillar
• Charan Teerth- footprints of the Hindu God Lord Rama
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Local English speaking guide
- 2 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Sanchi Stupas
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sanchi Stupas, Sanchi India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for the 1.5 hour drive to the village of Sanchi.
Located in Sanchi is the Great Stupa that was commissioned by Emperor Ashoka of the Mauryan dynasty. Legend has it that Emperor Ashoka after his bloody conquest of India was repentant of his deeds and took solace in Buddhism. He built several Stupas across India to preserve and spread the Buddhist faith. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Stupa in Sanchi is one of the best preserved Stupas in India.
Next visit the town of Vidisha, a 15 minutes drive from Sanchi. The town is situated on the banks of the River Betwa and was the birthplace of the first wife of Emperor Ashoka. The Hindu God, Lord Rama is believed to have come here. His foot impressions are still preserved on the banks of the River Betwa at a site called "Charan Teerth".
At the end of the tour you will be driven back to Bhopal and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Bhopal, Bhopal, Bhopal District, Madhya Pradesh
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Bhopal Airport, Bhopal India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children below 8 years are not allowed on this tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.