Day Trip to Sibiu and Fagaras Fortress from Bucharest
This tour is not to be missed by those who appreciate medieval fortresses, architecture and history. This tour will give you the opportunity to visit both Fagaras - one of the largest and best preserved medieval fortresses in Eastern Europe and Sibiu also known as Hermannstadt. Visit these architectural jewels of Transylvania and take a stroll along the charming medieval streets of Sibiu!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan / car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Bucharest only
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Fagaras Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Sibiu Tourist Information Center
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fagaras Fortress, Mihai Viteazul no. 1, Fagaras 505200 Romania
Depart from Bucharest and travel towards Fagaras Town, a former political-administrative center. The main attraction here is Fagaras Fortress. Surrounded by a moat, this is the only fortress of its kind in Romania. In the early seventeenth century, the city became the princely residence of Michael the Brave. From 1948 until 1960 the castle was used as a prison. In one of its towers “The Iron Lady” was found; a medieval torture device. The castle now hosts Fagaras Country Museum, which dedicated to local history and the municipal library.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sibiu Tourist Information Center, Strada Brukenthal Samuel 2, Sibiu 550178 Romania
The tour then continues towards Sibiu city in the heart of Germanic Transylvania. Sibiu is divided into two distinct areas: the Upper Town and the Lower Town. Traditionally, the Upper Town was the wealthier part and the commercial outlet, while the Lower Town served as the manufacturing area. During the tour Brukenthal National Museum will be visited, the Large Square which is the historic center of Sibiu, the Little Square which is the second largest historic place of Sibiu, the Evangelical Church, the Liars’ Bridge and the Ethnographic Museum.
Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up from any hotel, hostel, guest house or apartment from Bucharest.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.